1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Southwest flights posted. Good for you?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by tatterdema, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have gutted SEA in the last few years. Now it is down to 2 non stops a day. One early morning, one late evening. Maybe PAE will pick up a few, but not looking good for us up here in the sticks.

2. Tex

Tex VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See what happens with legal weed?
    No one wants to leave home anymore. Just sit there, eat Cheetos and watch cartoons.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have zero non stops for MHT (Manchester, NH) to Vegas, has been that way for a few years and their prices are through the roof for them! Right now round trip for me to Vegas in October is $533.59, the last time I went to Vegas it was less than $300 round trip. Southwest is now more expensive to fly out of MHT than Delta & American Airlines... Hoping something changes soon as these prices are killing my Vegas budget :(

4. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flights for our News Year trip don't seem too bad yet, but I keep getting an error while trying to book a one way flight. Keeps telling me no outbound destination selection (yes I double and triple checked that I selected one way only). Weird.

5. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ski-do...just checked the hartford ns this morning. still at $442. might book it and if it goes down,just ro-book. at least i know i'll have a seat

the times are very good. leave hartford at 1pm arrive in vegas at 3:50pm
    leave vegas at 4:05pm.. get to hartford 11:50pm

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am just going to have to bite the bullet and book a flight and hope to re-book if it goes down.

7. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy Crap! And I am complaining about $110. Lol, my limit is $100 for a domestic West Coast flight, unless it is for an event that I must go to. $69 is usually my sweet spot where I buy half a dozen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just reserved a total of five non-stops from either HOU or BWI to LAS for our 21st Birthday trip in January. The prices were in the same range as normal, which has been trending higher.

People are jumping on the new schedule, probably because of the holiday season. I needed to call about one issue; 45 minute wait. Hell, I forgot what I called about by the time they finally called back....

SWA is definitely beyond being a low-cost carrier. HOU prices are the same or higher than the other mainstream airlines. I am loyal, but I am also not above watching Spirit for sales on fares that I pay for or that the point charge seems high.

I will follow the pricing and see if any price reductions happen but I doubt they will for a Friday flight...

Returns are pending the next release. Hopefully, I have another nice sized batch of points to do some of those with. Points may be a tad more expensive overall, but they are tops at flexibility.

9. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kinda meh on the return flights I was seeking for early Nov.....might end up booking and price checking later......now if I can just get my Phish tickets dealt with I can get the rest worked out around that.

Heavy trip booking/scheduling/ticketing today/tomorrow....all this gambling and I've yet to even get to Vegas:D

10. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a couple of flights but made note of costs and dates as each June (18-23 or thereabouts) they have their birthday sale and often you can rebook at a pretty good saving. I hope. (Delta ceo was on the news the other day saying fuel prices over the last 18 months had gone up 20% and it had to be passed along somewhere--probably tickets).

• Like Like x 1
  11. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep all my upcoming or need to book flights on a spreadsheet and check the prices fairly often, especially when sales are announced. I saved 10.000 points between three reservations on a HOU-FLL trip this summer just by checking. It is a bit of a hassle to change ones with EB and a Companion with EB. I usually have to call to not lose the EB. The hassle is worth it for enough points...not for 100-200, though!

12. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SW has flights fr chi to Vegas 49$ in june. Never seen it that low!

13. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked my tickets today for end of November and December. I got up at 4am as I wanted to book when they went online for reservations at 5am EST....well it didn’t happen until after 8am! I was so pissed. I really thought with $800 in vouchers I had that I would not pay much, BUT is it just me or are Southwest rates getting higher? I still spent $1300 for 4 Roundtrip tickets ( bought as one way)! Glad I had those vouchers, but I really feel like I should have just booked American or United for those prices. Oh and I used points to pay for my first one way ticket just for me!

• Like Like x 1
  14. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, their prices seem to be going higher for sure!

15. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. Didn't affect me. None of the flights that I've already booked went down in price. . . . :thumbsdown:

16. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mine did, of course I don't have nonstop flights but that doesn't really bother me

17. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep an eye on them they go up and down. I followed some from MHT last year and saw them get REAL low.

18. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been following them since they first came out...

19. Hoofy7

Hoofy7 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same exact pricing as mine. I don’t have and non stop either. I always gotta fly to Baltimore or somewhere first. If you see them drop from Rochester to Vegas tag me please!

• Like Like x 1
  20. abe

abe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Denver has gone from being near or over $200 RT back to being consistently under, plus they seem to have added additional flights. There seems to be around 15-20 flights a day. So, yes SW is back to being a good deal for us in Colorado. Use to be able to pay $140-165 RT so I'm glad to see them back to what I consider near normal. About $180 for my August trip.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.