1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Negative Craps Trends?

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by hail2skins, Feb 1, 2024.

1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would BET covid shutdown killed off a lot of good crap dealers..as to deal craps you have to be pretty “quick on your feet” mentally..most of the dealers probably found better work doing something else than standing around a crap table for 8 hours a day.
    I agree with the previous poster..the OG dice dealers of MSS were among the best I’ve EVER seen (Kevin was my favorite)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Stinkfinger

Stinkfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with posts about MSS having a great craps table. Even on weeknights it was packed and the crew would call out the numbers loudly. I think it was the best crew I ever played with. Not that long ago like others said you could get good drinks and scratchers at the BHB and find $5 blackjack and $5 craps whenever you wanted. Good cheap buffet as well. Now its a ghost town. I'll walk through it once each trip and play a little while at BHB and just shake my head at how they killed that place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Disagree about the employment and live dealers, absolutely agree with you about MSS dealers!

July 19th - July 24th
  4. don1701

don1701 9.169,23 km from Stagedoor

Trips to Las Vegas:
    to be faaaiiir...people who play the horn usually don't really look for good odds on a game...

no more tentative, VEGAS BABY
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. don1701

don1701 9.169,23 km from Stagedoor

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also (not a big craps player, but known to throw down a few benjis if the the mood is right) on the Ellis Island (very, VERY good dealers) and maybe PH/NYNY tables...Yes, you usually have a bit of "a line" to play at Ellis

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was shocked to see a $50 table at Cosmo middle of the afternoon couple of weekends ago

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately as table limits increase, there doesn't seem to be any less people playing.
    As a result, the table limit increase seems like it will probably continue for sure.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried to unionize a table once in hopes of lower limits, didn’t work, but was entertaining.

July 19th - July 24th
  9. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I resisted playing $25 tables for a while. I have in and just planned less sessions. I am moving “down chain” at MGM (Aria to Luxor or Park) and hopefully will see lower limits but I don’t count on it. Luxor’s weird $20 tables are not my favorite, but they still have them lower sometimes.

10. ronc

ronc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    During one of the Super Bowls, I convinced a boxman at Golden Gate to got to $5 since both tables were empty with everyone watching the game. That lasted until his boss came by and it went back to $10…but the table had filled up by then.

Those $5 games are gone and it will be easier for GG to push $15 with just one table.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. VegasDaytripper

VegasDaytripper Re-Re-Retired Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Weekends will tend to be like that

Cosmo had a $15 and $25 min regular craps table all afternoon on Wednesday. The $15 eventually went to $25 and the $25 was bumped up to $50 around 5pm when the table was full

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Spotted this at DTG today
    20240213_163144.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  13. IIDXias

IIDXias High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hm hopefully the During Peak Hours part means it will still be $5 during non-peak hours? I’ve definitely walked in there and seen it at $10 before either way.

Personally I really don’t mind $10 craps too much- it’s $15 in places that feel like they should be $10 that really annoys me (looking at you like half of downtown & the less nice Strip joints!). If I can play $15 craps at a place as nice as Resorts World there’s really no good reason I shouldn’t be able to play $10 craps at, like, the Four Queens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha I was thinking the same thing! "We're $10 during peak hours when those places on Fremont will be $15, but otherwise we're $5." It's strange.

At the $15 tables, I would think $500-600 is an appropriate session bankroll. Are most people really buying in for that much these days?

Also, what time of day was it when you were playing $15 at RW? When I walked the Strip on a weekday in Nov 2022, seemed like most places offered $15 craps during the late morning and afternoon, but do many of those places go to $25 at night?

Downtown it seemed like 4Q was a place which at least you could do $10 in the afternoon before going to $15 at night. What galled me was a place like the D which seemed to be $15 all the time. I seem to think they may have backed off that, at least during the day.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  15. IIDXias

IIDXias High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to Vegas since October, but when I was there I found that most places downtown were $15 day and night. I didn't check every place at every time of course (and I wasn't staying downtown), but I definitely came during the day at least once (on a weekday) and was finding $15 everywhere I went (4Q, Plaza, El Co, The D, Circa, GN for sure that I remember going to) except for Downtown Grand, which was $5. I've seen other people report finding $10 tables at some of these places since, even at Circa which would be awesome, so I'm hoping I find the same when I return in late March. But yeah, $15 across the board is what I was finding back in October.

RE: $15 at Resorts World, this was definitely early morning into afternoon, so I don't doubt that it goes up to $25 at some point. I guess my point was more just if I can find $15 craps at a place as nice as RW at any time of day, I should be able to find $10 craps downtown. Maybe not prime time evening or on weekends, but certainly on a weekday afternoon!

• Like Like x 3
  16. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  17. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I dunno if this is the reason, it makes some sense. Why go to dealer school and you can make as much money just asking 'Would you like fries with that?' to customers?

18. Craps_Player

Craps_Player High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    apparently I like that table.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  19. Dms79

Dms79 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still don’t understand why they can’t bring back cheap tables and good VP. Even if it’s a breakeven proposition on those accounts, it will bring some life back into the place.

20. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The thing is with low edge low min games their cost for running them exceeds their possible gain. Dealers and CWs get paid more these days and drinks cost more. This is why some places still have good VP with high denoms and lower points earning rates.

• Agree Agree x 1