1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Most expensive/luxurious hotel you have stayed at.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by kevin853, Mar 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

San Remo.........Vegas

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Housecat

Housecat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess I've been lucky. All the super luxo rooms I've stayed at were due to hotel errors or funny clerks. Here's my list-

1. Hotel intercontinental- Cannes
    Arrived two days before the film festival. I had reserved the cheapest room due to the inflated prices. The check in clerk looked so annoyed at the stuck up people, and he sees me show up all grungy from a missed flight (don't ever fly Air France). As he's checking me in, he gives me a funny grin and hands me my key. Go upstairs, it's a full blown 1 bedroom suite on the highest floor! I knew why he did that too. It was to see some hotshot actor's face drop when he told him his room was unavailable. Later I looked up the price, it was several thousand during the off season. Can't even imagine how much during the film festival..

2. Four Seasons - Vancouver BC
    I had reserved a $600 junior suite, non smoking. They were sold out when I checked in and the only room left was a suite, top floor, that took up 1/4 of the hotel floor. Apparently a middle eastern prince stayed the night before. No clue how much it normally went for but I'm sure astronomical.

3. Ritz Carlton - Madrid $1000?
    4. Hotel intercontinental- Knightsbridge $800
    5. Grand Hyatt-SF
    Due to an error, got a 2k suite for $300 night lol..

• Wow! Wow! x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About $500 for two nights on Lake Superior up in Two Harbors, MN. Bedroom w/whirlpool, full kitchen, living room, media room.

My bride bought a $1000 voucher for $500 from a Twin Cities shopping show.

We enjoyed a two night stay in early December and two nights the following March.

RICHARD

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 2
  4. Drunkcrapsplayer

Drunkcrapsplayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Peninsula Kuala Lumpour.

5. Burnsie

Burnsie VP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I drove around northern Portugal many moons ago and stayed at this joint for a night:

https://www.pousadasofportugal.com/pousadas/bussaco-palace-hotel/

A former royal palace. Just superb.

We also stayed at a 12th-century monastery in Guimeraes (https://www.pousadas.pt/en/hotel/pousada-guimaraes) and the Hotel Castelo in the walled city of Obidos. (https://www.pousadasofportugal.com/pousadas/obidos/).

Portugal's pousada network of "monument hotels" is amazing. If you love historic Europe, castles, ancient churches, etc., and are up for a driving adventure, look into Portugal. Highly recommended.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ritz Carlton - downtown Atlanta...decades ago, and I believe it was around $400/night... work-related trip, so it wasn't out of my pocket, but still. :rolleyes:

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The nicest by far was the Pan Pacific in Singapore.

8. emmas

emmas VIP Whale

2 nights at the Park Hyatt Paris-Vendome.

9. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The One and Only La Palmilla in Los Cabos (yes, "one and only" is part of the name). This was ~2004, was working in investment sales at the time for an online discount brokerage (and salaries very much reflected the "discount" part of this). Money was very tight for us as our daughter was about 3 and my wife wasn't able to work at the time. Long story short, the company changed the way incentive worked for their sales reps, and held a promotion for the top sales rep to get a "special experience". Two very wealthy clients I had been working for a couple of years finally came through that quarter, and I became the top sales rep (also broke the new "uncapped" comp system they had put in place- there were more rules on this next quarter). So the wife and I finally got a honeymoon a few years late, at this absolutely ridiculous resort.

We had the adventure package at the time, which doesn't seem to exist anymore. But this included:
    • an absolutely ridiculous room, which is their "base" level room, with an ocean view and binoculars for watching the whales from the balcony
    • 3 couples massages
    • Transport in a Hummer to/from the airport
    • All meals were included, and one of the restaurants was a Charlie Trotter restaurant, which I didn't really appreciate at the time, although I did think the food was amazing (apparently it's now a Jean Georges restaurant)
    • a drive into the mountains (Hummer again) to a private ranch, where we sat on a waterfall drinking champagne while the ranch owner made us quesadillas on an outdoor plancha- I've been fortunate enough to eat at some truly incredible restaurants in my life, but this meal of tortillas and cheese is easily in my top 5 of my life, and may be number 1
    • A Private yacht tour of the bay for the two of us, with hors d'oeuvres and a bartender
    • More that I probably can't remember

The level of luxury at this place is something I can't really describe. As an example, that seems so small but is really striking: all of the toiletries were blue agave based- soap, shampoo, etc. It had a very distinct, and wonderful, scent. But not only were all of the guests using the same scented soap, we were told in conversation with some of the folks working there that every "client facing" employee there is given the same soap to use, so they all have the same scent. I know it sounds weird, but the scent was so distinct it was really an interesting experience and an over-the-top luxury.

I never did find out the true cost of this, but since our flight in got messed up and we basically missed the entire first day, I talked to the concierge about adding an extra day. After I explained why, he went and talked to somebody (manager I assume) and was able to cut us a deal for "only" $2000 for the extra night, but we had to change rooms because our room was booked. Much to my surprise, when I called my company to change our flight home and explained why, they insisted on paying for the extra night. The best part, in order to "make up" for us having to change rooms, they gave us the presidential suite, which was absolutely ridiculous.

Based on some research I'd done at the time, my best guess was this package ran about $4,500 a night.

Edit to add:

My wife just reminded me of this: One night we were eating at the Charlie Trotter restaurant, when the chef came out to check on us and ask how our meal was. I gave a quick "oh it was great, thank you" and went back to talking to my wife. What I didn't realize at the time- it wasn't the chef of restaurant itself, it was actually Charlie Trotter. Probably the most dismissive anyone had been to him in quite awhile. Whoops :)

Vegas Baby!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 3
  10. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bellagio penthouse suite. I paid $750 + $100 for guaranteed fountain view, for one night.

Was the room itself worth it? Hell no. Was it worth seeing my mother's face light up during what we both knew would be her last trip before losing her life to cancer? Hell yes.

• Love Love x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  11. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not in any order...on purpose anyway!

Embassy Suites - Austin, TX
    Stayed 5 nights in 2011. $800 or so total. We were there for a family wedding. Nice rooms!

Goldmoor Inn outside of Galena, IL for 2 nights, also 2011. Our daughters gave it to us as a gift so I don't know how much it was. I know our room overlooked the Mississippi river. The room had a fireplace, Jacuzzi, King bed, wet bar and a very roomy bathroom.

Golden Nugget Junior Suite LV 2016 for 1 night. It was my wife's birthday and we actually got upgraded to the JS. I think the room was $160 before upgrade.

I don't think we have ever paid over $200 for a night for a room even with taxes and any fees. We are true low rollers!!

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't remember the name but it was near the original Hialeah race track.
    Da Boyz used to go down every winter and I tagged along a couple times
    as a gopher.

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three weeks ago. Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale for Spring Training. $397.59 per night. Hotel was nothing fancy. Outdoor heated pool, bar and restaurant. But, location and time of the season is what we paid for.

Last July in Seattle. $509 per night for the Seattle Marriott Waterfront. Nothing that fancy, but location.

• Like Like x 1
  14. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Bank, Las Vegas, summer of 2007. Don’t remember the exact rate, but the hotel was up for the prestigious Five Diamond Award.

15. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a couple weeks in a Masquerade Suite at the Rio during my 1st WSOP in 2006, and a few days in a Salon Suite at Wynn that year, too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DoctorD

DoctorD Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Vegas with a High Roller friend when we got married and stayed in a Palazzo suite at the Rio.

Hands down the nicest room I’ve ever been in. 6 bedrooms, dining rooom, hot tubs.
    Coolest part was our butler.

Found a Rabbi in Vegas and did our wedding in the suite with 10 family and friends.:love:

If it wasn’t comped, would have been about 10k a night I think.

D

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  17. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wynn - Parlor Suite....I don't (want to) remember how much per night...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo Terrace Suite pre-reno.

My favorite is the step down though, the terrace one bedroom. It's a pseudo one bedroom, but we don't need two separate rooms, and love the Japanese soaking tub with window.

Forgot, in college I went to Russia, and we spent one night in Finland. Beautiful room, but loved the walk-in 2+ person shower with multiple shower heads, heated floors, heated towel rack. After a 30 hour flight it was a little piece of heaven. No clue on the name of the hotel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

That's my favourite room I've had in all my trips. Not really a bath person, but love those tubs, too.

Had one for the last couple weeks of my trip the last 2 years, but just couldn't justify it this year, when it came in at over double the cost of Vdara.

• Love Love x 1
  20. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I think about it, I don't think I've ever paid $300 for a room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.