1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Morimoto

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by veronicabeard, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veronicabeard

veronicabeard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to take BF to a Morimoto restaurant this trip. From my research, there are 2 NOBU? One in Caesar Palace, one in Hard Rock Hotel. There is also going to be Morimoto in Mirage, which isn't going to open this year.

Do you guys have any recommendations as which one is better? Is there any other Morimoto restaurants in Vegas? or my choices are limited to the 2 Nobu?

Thank you guys for your help!

2. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might be out of luck. The Nobu restaurants are part of Nobu Matsuhisa's empire -- not part of the Masaharu Morimoto group. The Mirage website has listed Morimoto for a long time; it's been "opening soon" for what seems like years.

I've only been to the Hard Rock branch of Nobu, so I can't really tell you which branch is better.

3. veronicabeard

veronicabeard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, I should probably rephrase my original post. I understand that Nobu is really a Morimoto restaurant. I just somehow tend to associate it with Morimoto.

Anyways, I guess since the Mirage one isn't opening any time soon. I will probably go with either the one in Caesar Palace or Hard Rock.

I just read your review on the Hard Rock location. I am not sure if I should go at all now.

Is there another Sushi/Japanese restaurant you'd recommend on the strip?

4. veronicabeard

veronicabeard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobu isn't really*...

cannot type today :(

5. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My review pages are getting a bit long in the tooth -- I really need to update them! For sushi on the Strip, I like Mizumi, at Wynn. It's pretty much the same as the former Okada, which was renamed when Wynn split with his business partner of that name.

I ate at Bar Masa a long time ago, but haven't returned. It was very good, but far too expensive. If you've eaten at the original in New York, the Las Vegas version isn't in the same league. I've also read some reports that it's gone downhill lately.

This is one of the rare situations where the best places are off-Strip. For sushi: Kabuto. For non-sushi Japanese: Raku (a must for me every trip). They're not cheap -- but they are quite a bit less expensive than comparable Strip restaurants, and even with taxis they might be cheaper.

Good luck on your trip!

6. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I have only been to Nobu in Caesars. It was a great experience, I wouldn't hesitate to return. Details here. However, I do prefer sushi off strip - better bang for the buck. I'm pretty loyal to I Love Sushi since it is in my neighborhood, but it is a haul from the strip.

7. WeekndOrNah

WeekndOrNah Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to any Japanese restaurants on the strip but Kabuto and Raku have been highly recommended.
    Kabuto was recommended to me by the head chef of é by José Andrés after he was impressed that I ate at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon the previous night and é that night. He recommended that Kabuto be my next stop on my gastronomic vacation, but I left Vegas the next day.
    Raku was recommended to me by my cousin who is a huge foodie and has been to Vegas (and lived in Vegas) numerous times.

8. veronicabeard

veronicabeard Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you guys for the recommendations. I am not sure if we will have the chance to go off stripe. We will only be there for 3 nights. I will talk to the BF and have him decide :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.