1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

More Evidence CET is Hurting for Cash

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Reston, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is under the other threat 'CET charging resort fees' or something of that nature. It was in a written response that another poster received from TR.

2. Kenster

Kenster Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called Reservations, they said the Resort Fee WILL apply to comped rooms as well after March 1.

3. dean_1492

dean_1492 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If that's the case. I will stay at a property that INCLUDES that in the COMP.

4. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was that for anyone booking after March 1st or was that for previously booked rooms after March 1st, as well?

5. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmm....the resort fee at MGM properties don't look so bad now...huh?

6. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to the trouble of making diamond in two days (2500 points played/day gets 5000 points/day) two weeks ago and now all the comped rooms I normally get will be charged a resort fee I won't benefit from? My intent was to try to do the same thing each day in Vegas to see what impact it would have on comps. And I have reservations for five trips this year?

When I arrive Saturday, I will confirm with my host. If this is the case, it is time to search for greener pastures.

My wife has told me that I am loyal customer to a fault and this would be an example. If I have to pay a resort fee per day on a typical loss of XX$$$ (I hate to admit) then I might as well move where I get a kiss and a hug first..........yes there are other places and I have already read the other threads.

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
  7. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe me, you will not be paying a resort fee after a 5 figure loss.

8. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Watch Those CET Folios After Making Changes

As a follow-up, when CET re-issues a reservation confirmation after changes to a "package," it does not show the original deposit but rather an amount equal to the price of the new stay. In my case, that amount is substantially less than I actually paid as a deposit.

I've ratcheted this up the CET food chain. I not want to start off a trip by arguing with a check-in clerk that I actually paid more money than my reservation now shows. I've also decided that it's probably illegal for CET to keep overpayments on reservations that have been shortened. We shall see.

9. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same situation...sort of.

I made a reservation at 1 property and had to pay for the 1st night...fine (it was about $40).

I cancelled that reservation and made a new reservation at the same CET property where the first night was now comped.

I asked if I get my deposit back, I was told that it will be applied to my new reservation when I check in. I mentioned that my confirmation e-mail does not show the deposit for the $40 on the original booking. They said that the deposit is shown in their system and there won't be an issue.

I'm bringing my credit card statement to show the deposit was made.

10. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It pays to read the fine print before clicking submit.

11. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. But a little confused on how that overused generalization applies to CET refusing to refund overpayments? Or to CET issuing a new confirmation that understates the deposit actually paid?

12. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that is the same issue re: CET not being able to show a correct deposit amount on a changed reservation.

I'm determined to get my overpayment refunded, even if I have to ratchet up the issue to Bill Harrah, LOL.

13. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still not getting why you would not just cancel the whole thing and start over. Or even tell them if they don't process the refund you're canceling and booking elsewhere. AFAIK the deposit gets returned to your CC the same day (assuming this is a cancelable reservation as you indicated).

Its not much disincentive to do what they are doing if all you do is complain about it.

14. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't cancel and rebook because some of the days got cheaper...which they could adjust the rate for, while others got more expensive.

15. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand why you didn't, it was more directed at Reston.

For you, you now have a deposit it you arguably should not have been charged, but its within your total cost.

Reston (after his change) is saying that they have taken more for his deposit than his total room charge will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.