1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Slot Dollars - Use?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JayneDoe, Jul 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you need a LITTLE cash. Put in a $20 bill. Bet $5, That comes off your $20, but then it just adds $5 back after you spin - sort of like you won $5. (assuming you hit the little screen and acitvated FP)

2. BJG80

BJG80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahhh ok so if I'm understanding correctly it isn't actually "free play". It's like a rebate where I can't just play my free slot dollars. I play cash and then any losing spins get credited back out of the slot dollar bank.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think of it as the machine reimbursing you after each spin as long as your freeplay lasts.

You have to start out with at least as much of your own cash in the machine as the amount of the spin you're doing.

You go to a $1 denom machine. You load $100 freeplay and put in $1. The credits meter displays $1.

For each of the first 100 spins, the machine deducts $1 for the spin, the spin plays out, maybe you win some credits on the spin, maybe you don't. Regardless of the spin outcome, it then adds $1 to the credits meter. if you're watching the meter, you can see this happen, but it also makes a little bloop sound.

When your freeplay runs out, it stops reimbursing you after a spin.

I could be wrong, but I think some of the newest machines may not use the reimburse method, you can just draw directly from the freeplay bank until it's used up.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, it will credit back your total bet on each and every spin until it is gone. Does not matter if you win or lose.

• Agree Agree x 2
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.