1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Luxury watch brands for women- help needed!!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by VegasChic-, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    THe warranties are limited anyways. A lot of folks think Rolex especially is guaranteed for life.

2. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! Thanks for the replies - especially to TheCooler - you seem to know your stuff!

Sorry, I should have initially put it out there for you, but I'm thinking between 3-5K. A quick look at the websites and I think I'm liking the Omega's! I'm in Canada so will really have to look around at where to shop here - anything in the USA is going to hit me with too much duty etc.

My husband had bought a Breitling a few years ago on a boxing day deal and was able to get a crazy good price on it - so outside of something like that - I'm not sure what the best route to go is in Canada. You've all certainly given me a great starting point to go from so I will start checking this out a bit more and see what I can come up with!

Thanks so much again!!

3. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

In that price range, I'm a big fan of the ladies Seamaster Aqua Terra in stainless.

http://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch-23110342055001.html

A bit more flashy is this Speedmaster, if that's what you're looking for.

http://www.jomashop.com/omega-speedmaster-32415384005001.html

Just let me know if you want any specific advice. Best of luck!

4. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice choices! Let me look into this a bit - pretty sure I will have more questions as I start digging into this!
    Again, thanks soooo much!!!

5. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Duty and taxes would be killer.

6. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife loves her Cartier Tank Watch. Is still her go to watch.

7. TheCooler

The Tank is great, versatile and timeless.

8. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you said this. I have a breitling Bentley and a Rolex Daytona. Sold my 2012 daytona and bought a 2015 about 2 months ago (found it cheaper in the Bahamas :grrr:). Not vegas, but while in the Bahamas i almost pulled the trigger on a hublot.

My last night after I wired most of my money back, I went into the Rolex store at Atlantis and said screw it, I'm buying the white gold Daytona on a whim but my debit card got declined (didn't realise there was a purchase limit). I'm actually glad the transaction didn't go thru since I most likely would've regretted it in the morning.

9. TheCooler

Yea man, those impulse watch buys can be dangerous. When that adrenaline is pumping it can be hard to make the correct decision. I actually bought my first Rolex, a no date sub, at a jeweler in St. Thomas. Prices in the caribbean can be good, but they can also be bad. Just make sure you're educated. I would love to own a Daytona, preferably a vintage piece.

10. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is Joma shop legit? I've always been curious of that site.

My goto guy for watches is David Sw. Im no where on the level of some people here.

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Completely legit. I bought my TAG from them. No problems with the purchase. They shipped the watch overnight and it came the next day sized, set and ready to go. I had a prob a few months later with it turning the date over. I read online that its a common prob with TAGS. I shipped back to them and they shipped to TAG and it was fixed and sent back to me. It took about six weeks.

12. TheCooler

Jomashop is great. Totally legit.

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes me feel better that someone that knows as much about watches agrees with me. I was at a grad party today and someone at the table started talking about watches. My buddy that was there has a Rolex Presidential which he never wears because the gold is so soft and a TAG AQUA that he wears daily. He paid the same for that TAG AQUA at the local dealer that I did for my Carrera from JOMA. I told our buddy who wants a watch to buy an OMEGA or BRIETLING from JOMA. Authentic watches seems good as well. I got my Brietling from them.

14. TheCooler

I have no experience with authentic watches. But a great site for new and preowned is watchrecon.com. It complies all of the classified listings from several watch forums. There's always something new on there and you can save a ton of cash. I just bought a like new Omega Speedy Pro for <2k.

15. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow! Would you rank Omega over Brietling? Say Speedy vs Super? I feel like my Super is built like a tank compared to the TAG. It may just be perception, I don't know. My TAG stops even when on same winder as the Brietling. The Brietling has never missed a beat.

16. TheCooler

It's hard to rank one brand over the other all around. It's mostly a matter of preference. I prefer the look of more Omega models than I do Breitling models. I do love the Navitimer and Omega doesn't have much in the way of a pilot's watch. Both are great companies. I assume you mean Superocean? Or is it Super Avenger? The Superocean is a great dive watch, the Speedy is not a dive watch. The Speedmaster Professional is probably my favorite watch of all time.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  17. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a speedy and I love it. Brietlings tend to be much bigger and bulky for my tastes.

It's funny - the speedy is my favorite watch, but as a general rule people don't know watches. I get lots of compliments on my Cartier, but my speedy gets no love. People don't know watches and they use their cell phone as a watch.

18. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always on the lookout for a nice estate Cartier Tank (I'm hard on jewelry and wear a Citizen eco drive - I'm only on my 2nd in 18 years - before that I wore a Tag - but I hate that replacing the battery is so expensive - almost pays for a Citizen, so....)

My husband loves Tags - but only the old ones, as all the new ones are too big for his wrist (he's not very tall/large, so the "oversize" watches just look ridiculous on him) He did buy a pre-owned watch at the Tourneau store in Vegas years ago, but it wasn't a "big win/impulse" buy....He doesn't wear any jewelry for work, and our lives are fairly casual otherwise - so an expensive watch is great, but I don't think he'll ever go for a more formal option with an alligator band :cry:

19. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not my bag but I have my obsessions so I say bully to all of you!!

(I have a basic TAG from Costco.)

20. TheCooler

I'm like you husband, I love the old Heuers before they became Tag Heuer. However, I am a bigger guy, so I look silly in some of the smaller watches. Which is disappointing because I enjoy a lot of the vintage pieces out there that tend to be smaller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.