1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

looking for a hotel

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by twobroslawn, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twobroslawn

twobroslawn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going for the ACM awards april 5-7 maybe the 8th. All the room prices are inflated due to the event, neither of my gameing cards Mlife or TR have any vuluable offers on them, the Quad is at $100/nt.

Should I wait until Febuary or March to book, airfare is $686.00 5th-8th for my wife and I through Southwest.

2. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That weekend is always busy and is usually blacked out for offers (for MLife, at least).

I'd book within the next month or so. Look around for the best deal and book it when you find something that seems reasonable to you. Wait too long and prices will rise.

3. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd at least book the hotel now. You can always cancel and re-book if you get a better deal. Airfare is tricky. For example, we leave on the 31st and our flights just dropped by $40.

4. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you looked at SW Vacation packages? They are sometimes better than doing flights and rooms individually.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second that. I got a fantastic deal with SW for a trip last October. In booking my next trip in May the deals weren't as good but there were still some good bargains (just not where I wanted to stay).

And don't forget to keep checking your airfare, even after you book. I booked my flight yesterday and (it figures) the price dropped $50 today. You won't get your money back (assuming you are booking "Want to get away" fares) but you'll get a full credit to use on your next flight.

6. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TR is offering %off based on months.

If you go to the rate calendar and select the days that you want...the discount won't show up.

Once you click on on 'book this room' it will show any discount - those dates may be blacked out though.

7. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Never hurts to call mlife VIP services and see what rates they offer over the phone. I've gotten significantly better rates by calling direct the last couple times. Better than what milfe was showing online.

Damn, it just really hit me.. only 3 more days til Vegas!!!!!

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Forget offers. Check out the rate calendar for Harrahs to see what you might get. For mlife, call and ask them.

9. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is also final four weekend. I doubt the prices will go down as you get closer to the dates

I Need Spa
  10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. twobroslawn

twobroslawn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go to the fan jam which is at Mandalay Bay this year. It's a blast. We went the same weekend same amount of days last year stayed at MGM for 950 through SW. This year it's 1300. Airfare right now is 687.
    I'll keep looking. Book my hotel now and cancel if an offer comes through.

12. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with nostresshere..............TR card with the rate calender for April 5-8 at Harrah's, i'm showing $24, $10, comp, comp......YMMV, but Harrah's is among one of the cheapest.

13. twobroslawn

twobroslawn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I havnt used my TR card in 2 years so the calendar is showing me full prices

14. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a note if it matters.

America's Best Value Inn and Days Inn, which are both near MGM, are $90 total for april 5-7.

They could alternatively be a fall-back. Both are have free cancellation and pay later (no first night's deposit needed) on booking.com.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.