1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Las Vegas Golf Questions

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by guapoxxx, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Morning All,

From May 9-15th, I will be in Mecca with my buddies for much craziness to include some golf. We have tee times on May 10th at Las Vegas Paiute, Wolf Course and May 11th at Angel Park, Mountain Course. I will possibly golf at TPC Las Vegas or Rio Secco as a single on May 13th but I haven’t made up my mind yet. Bottom-line is that I wanted to find out their recent playing conditions (greens, fairways, drink girls, etc.).

So, my questions are: Has anyone golfed at LV Paiute Wolf, Angel Park Mountain, TPC Las Vegas, or Rio Secco recently? If you haven’t played these courses recently, what courses have you played and what can you recommend?

I don’t mind spending coin on golf but from past experiences, I really enjoyed the above courses at close to optimal conditions-- but not if their greens and fairways were recently aerated, we’ll be putting on dirt/sand and the drink girls are non-existent. I could always call the courses to see how they are playing but I value your feedback/information.

Thanks in advance,
    Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  2. split10's?

split10's? Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be playing TPC in two weeks, will report back. There was some date on their website regarding aeration, it may well be in May.

It's been a year, but i'll be returning to Mountain Falls in Pahrump, no question best value golf in the area. And Boulder Creek, they have dropped their daily play fees a bit, and it's always in great shape.

assuming you have found GolfNow...;)

3. jhpa

jhpa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from playing Paiute Wolf on April 10. Loved it. It was windy as hell. If you are serious about golf, make sure you take an old 7 iron with you for hitting out of the pebbles and rocks. If you are not serious, either plan to take the ball out of the rocks and drop it back on the fairway or - like I did - just give up on uit and drop another ball.

hey did have a drink girl circulating but I did not get anything from her. There is a very well stocked snack bar at the turn - hotdogs, sandwiches and a pretty good selection of beer and alcohol. I would have to believe the cart girl offered similar drink options. We were told that the greens were recently aerated, but they seemed to have recovered - maybe because there had been some rain a few days before we got there. So the conditions of the fairways and greens were excellent. The greens were quick - so quick the wind actually influenced the putts quite a bit.

ALso played Badlands - similar story - great course, highly recommended.

Celebrating a birthday and hanging out - doing Vegas the right way!
  4. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know what Rio Secco is going to try and charge you, but I doubt if it's worth it. TPC Las Vegas would be a better bet.

5. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paiute courses are consistently in the best bang for your buck condition and playability of any across the valley.
    TPC and RS are about a trade off to me, overpriced also, but I've not played either since last year.
    I would think all the courses have finished punching their greens before mid May but I always check just to make sure.

6. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Split 10's-- Thanks for the info and looking forward to your update on TPC Las Vegas when you return... Have fun and hit'em straight! Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  7. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jhpa-- Despite the heavy winds, that's great news about LV Paiute Wolf and Badlands. With the wind, how did you make out on the Island green Par 3? I'm happy to hear that Wolf is in great condition and I really appreciate the info!

Haha, I'm serious about the golf and that's funny you mentioned the old 7 iron... I ALWAYS bring a "rock club" (mine's an old TM R7 9 iron) when I golf at Las Vegas, Scottsdale/Carefree, and ABQ!

Will let the board know how the conditions were after I return.

Thanks,
    Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
  8. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big Tip: I'm with you on that one as I prefer to play TPC Las Vegas...

Hopefully in a little over 2 weeks, Split 10's reports back that they have great course conditions as I want to golf there.

Charlie

Annual Golf Trip
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.