1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jeopardy!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by dmr, Apr 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calder

Calder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the danger of rotating hosts is in potentially overshadowing the game itself. Rather than who won the Tournament of Champions, the evening news will be about protests over the lack of diversity in the host lineup.

For me, part of Alex's appeal was that he understood it was about the game, and not him. That's why I think the circus surrounding the host selection is so troubling; to me it signals that the producers think the host is more important. Alex is irreplaceable, so they shouldn't try. Competence will suffice.

My fear is the producers may use this changing of the guard as an opportunity to dumb down the game in a wrong-headed attempt to widen the viewer base.

2. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken Jennings! If he wants it, it should be his. He is almost as iconic to the game as Alex.

3. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody but Levar Burton. Dud is way too desperate. I liked Jennings, Bialik and Rodgers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I don’t care what anybody says about him not doing too well (he only got one week, aired during the Olympics… c’mon now), or him being too “desperate” (so being honest and direct with wanting a job… is a bad thing? Weird but ok :blink:), I’m #TeamLevar all the way :thumbsup: All of my other picks are either seemingly no longer in the running or have never been (Robin Roberts, Meredith Viera, and… a CNN person not mentioned here yet but if he was interested I think he could be great… Don Lemon :cool:).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They did say that part of the reason they picked Mike ( beside the obvious) is that they wanted someone who would not detract from the show by being a strong personality or being associated strongly with some other venture. Don't know if I believe them....but that would send Don out of the running,

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several media are reporting that Amy/Blossom (I can spell those two names without thinking about it) :) will indeed get the spot, at least for a while.

Film at 11, I'm sure.

7. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read that she will film 15 shows and act as the host while they are scouting out the * B *List of guest hosts and then start all over again ---totally damaging the credibility of an American institution. Any surprise that even JEOPARDY is endangered.

dmr---I had to fix it in my brain. It is "may- i- m".

Not even attempting her last name without looking it up.

8. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know the first name, it's the last name I stumble over.

9. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As I mentioned, so do I...but we both know about whom we are speaking...and that is what counts.

10. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The media are reporting that Richards is out as Producer of Jeopardy as well.

Film at 11.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  11. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Washington Post report: Mike Richards is no longer the executive producer of “Jeopardy!" and “Wheel of Fortune,” Sony Pictures Television announced on Tuesday. The announcement comes less than two weeks after Richards stepped down as the new “Jeopardy!” host following the revelation of his many offensive comments on his former podcast.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Calder

Calder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which presumably were always there. So a career gets ruined because someone wanted LeVar Burton?

>> tap, tap, tap << "Someone, somewhere is offending me! And they're gonna pay..."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was only a matter of time.

14. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing to do with people wanting LeVar.
    It was Mike Richard's comments and could have happened with anyone. Better be prepared if you're going to be a potential celebrity.

Also *sources* say the crew wanted him to go, maybe there were other things we don't know about...

15. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's been named in multiple harassment suits by people who worked for him. I'm guessing it's pretty well known

16. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm getting all kinds of contradictory info here. Some are saying that Amy/Blossom has first dibs, others are saying that they are back to square 1.

17. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now they aren’t trying to replace Alex. This should be easier

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think Mayim Bialik (Amy/Blossom—who knew?) is currently filming episodes.

Right now there is a very impressive champion who has at least $250k and going strong. He easily could have had much more but is unlucky on his final jeopardy bets—one time he bet like $20k and missed the question while another time he bet $100 when he could have risked much more and got the question right. Not sure he's in Holzhauer's league, but he is damn good and should easily win the TOC when it comes up again.

New episodes start on Sept. 13 with Bialik doing maybe two weeks, then they will go back to a revolving door host situation, as before. At least that's what I read somewhere. Bialik is still in line to do some primetime episodes.

19. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the thing about Jeopardy, and one facet that keeps it exciting, is that the final round can often be a REAL game-changer!

20. Michael Smith

Michael Smith VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He's been untouchable. But, it drives me crazy when they bet wrong. I've seen several players lose because of a stupid FJ wager. It makes me almost as mad as when a Wheel of Fortune player doesn't know a puzzle when it's clear as day. Oh, sorry, I'm a total geek when it comes to Jeopardy/WOF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.