1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Jardin vs. Tableau vs. Terrace Point Cafe

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by razzman, Mar 10, 2024.

1. razzman

razzman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wondering what you think are the pro's/con's of these three. Which would you choose for lunch and why?

Thanks!

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All are good, but I would personally choose Tableau because it serves the higher quality food and the best setting of these three

Loooong layover on our way to Lake Tahoe
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DegenasaurusRex

DegenasaurusRex Rage,rage against the dying of the light

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last meal at Tableau was my worst at the Wynn. One off probably. I prefer Jardin. The salumi pizza is fantastic.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was literally just having this debate with myself earlier today (my friend is coming to Vegas in a couple weeks and her favorite things are sushi, caviar, and brunch, so I'm figuring out her itinerary). I'd completely forgotten about Terrace Point Cafe, but my recollection is that they had great lunch dishes, but breakfast dishes were unremarkable. I like the setting at Tableau a little better, but Jardin's menu is preferable to me, so that's what I went with. Jardin also has the added bonus of not having caviar on the menu like Tableau does, which means she won't be tempted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tough choice for me, been to all three several times in the past year. None are a poor choice.

Jardin: nice place. My least favorite of the three. Still good. That said, the best sandwich at lunch I've had in all Wynn venues is the Prime Rib Melt at Jardin. And I don't really care for Prime Rib... but it's fantastic.

I'm a big fan of Tableau. I've dined there more than any other Wynn venue. Its a beautiful setting as well. I also love the staff. I lean more towards breakfast than lunch entrees. Tableau has some excellent soups. And the Tableau burger is pretty great. Other lunch options are a little more bougie... like rabbit. Or a lobster cobb salad or lobster burger. I doubt I'll ever go to Wynn and not have at least one breakfast at Tableau; twice wasn't uncommon in a 3-day trip.

In more recent trips, I started going to Terrace Pointe more often. And it grew on me. I like their eggs Benedict, but have become a real fan of their lunch menu. In my last trip, I even wrote in the trip report that, as much as I love Tableau, I might recommend Terrace Pointe first for lunch. I've had some great sandwiches and salads in the last few trips. And excellent gazpacho. And the service has been fantastic.

Not sure that was helpful. I guess I'd condense it to, for lunch:
    • If in the mood for a gooey, beefy sandwich, go get the Prime Rib Melt sandwich at Jardin.
    • For an excellent array of sandwiches and salads, try Terrace Pointe
    • For more gourmet lunch options, or a decadent burger, go to Tableau.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten once each at Jardin and Tableau and preferred Jardin, but it could be a one off down to what I ordered. Although I preferred the atmosphere too.

7. TXFLdoc512

TXFLdoc512 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Tableau
    2. Jardin
    3. Terrace pointe

Food quality, atmosphere and service have all followed that order everytime I’ve been. Tableau is a must every stay and the others are just “a place to eat breakfast one day”

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dms79

Dms79 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I liked Jardin better than Tableau. Sit out by the pool with Sphere view for best experience.

IMG_2728.jpeg
    IMG_2356.jpeg
    IMG_2357.jpeg

9. razzman

razzman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All very helpful, thanks! I had my eye on the prime rib melt at Jardin, so I'm glad to hear that it was memorable. Jardin is definitely the most convenient location since I'll be coming from my room at Encore. I've eaten at Tableau before, but never TPC.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DAB

DAB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every meal I’ve ever had at the Wynn has been phenomenal, with the exception of brunch at Tableau on my last trip-
    The ambience was good, not great and the food was truly mediocre…

11. agh1856

agh1856 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't make me pick!! I love all 3 and make it a point to visit all 3 when I'm at Wynn, one for every morning. I'll just highlight the personal positives to each, and recommendations. In general a positive to Tableau and Jardin is being able to make a reservation. I'm a planner so that's worth some points in my book.

Tableau: Room is unique and beautiful. A garden conservatory next to a pool. I usually stay tower suites, and you can't beat the location - I always go the day I check out. Personally recommend the smoked salmon and the Tableau breakfast (pastry basket is consistently incredible).

Terrace Pointe: Low key benefit to Tower Suites; you can get "priority" seating. I generally find my way here once a trip for a late late morning meal, and being able to sit right away is a serious perk. Sitting outside can be fun, sometimes the birds are a little too friendly. If I weren't staying in tower suites, I'd be flexible with my go time to avoid lines, or have a backup reservation at Tableau/Jardin. Recommend the huevos rancheros skillet and the shrimp/crab/lobster roll.

Jardin: Honestly I probably give Jardin my #1 spot by a hair over the other two. It's in the old Botero room which is gorgeous. Food recommendations: The pancakes and french toast were both great. I believe they will be seasonal - last time my french toast had mixed berries and home made whipped cream. Lunch side, the buttermilk chicken sandwich has a spicy BBQ sauce on top, really hit the spot last time. Jardin's take on a mimosa below. Mango-strawberry sorbet dropped in champagne. Amazing!:

upload_2024-3-14_10-26-46.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Terrace Pointe>Tableau>Jardin

I like all three but prefer this order based on menus

13. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tableau I thought was pretty good. I got a French dip sandwich at Jardin and there was lotsa bread, lotsa cheese, not a lot of meat. The chicken noodle soup at Terrace Point Cafe is some of the best in town. I go there so I can at least say that I ate my healthy meal of the trip. :)