1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Here we are, CES 2017 happy happy happy..

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by fischer, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

We arrived yesterday, our flight was scheduled for 6:25 AM out of Albany NY, a short 50min stop in Chicago. Normally a 50 min layover is a safe amount of time but NOT in O'hare, we had to change planes, and even though we had the same carrier we had to cross under the airport to the other side. Our gate was packed, and the ny to chicago leg was a "hidden" leg for some reason.

When we booked it it showed one stop over in O'hare but now where did it allow us to choose seats, so it was kind of like a hidden leg (?). Our group of 5 was scattered all throughout the plane. We were supposed to arrive in Vegas at 11 Am, plenty of time to make a 6:30 flight worthwhile. So we had mechanical issues, they kept announcing to us every 20mins or so, to update the fact that they had nothing to update. Apparently it was due to the fact that they lost 3 screws to something and had to be handled by three different sets of people.

Screws in plane takes off 1.5 hours late. I was hoping they would make it up in the air but they didn't. So we arrived in Vegas at 1pm. As we deboarded my wife got a text that United lost one of our suitcases. We went down to check at the agent of lost luggages office. She told us it was found and would be arriving on another plane that day. I think it was a 3 pm flight. She said they would drop it off to us later that night. 10;30 it arrived, but I guess I should be happy about that.

Got on the Rental car shuttle, went downstairs to the Dollar booth, read the display and said our car was in Aisle 29.. Woot it WAS! Thank you Dollar.

Stuffed everyone in the minivan and went to find some grub. Last year we went to Miller's Ale House up by Frye's electronics. When I got there (we were all starving) I was reminded that most people didn't like that place last time. So, I thought about going down to Bahama Breeze on Paradise (?) but realized everyone was cranky because of hunger so we went up the street to the Denny's just before the Premium outlets. That turned out ok and satisfied our hunger.

Went back to Whole Foods to get some items for the room (because Las Vegas wasn't going to take enough money).

Went to CES all day today (boy are my dog's barking), 13,000 steps later and we are going to be ordering pizza's from Joes NY Pizza by the hard rock.

In the room shoes off and enjoying life.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope your dogs recover!
    Best wishes for a great remainder of your trip! :D

RICHARD

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good start, but sucks about the flight and miller's ale house thing, unless you just drove there and didn't say where you were going.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  4. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How was CES? I've always wanted to go but I believe you have to be in the technology industry.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would help but not really needed. Would help if you have business cards that could tie you to the industry. I created my own business cards and get into the thing with no problem. Unfortunately this year and next year they will be charging people to attend, since I attended last year I could register for 2017 for free (but couldn't attend) but my friend who hasn't attended in a couple of years was charged $50 or $100 to get in this year.

6. BlueBellThunder

BlueBellThunder VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is that for every day? That wouldn't be to bad of a price to pay.

7. fischer

fischer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One entry fee for the whole show run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.