1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

grand canyon trip

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by tay, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tay

tay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi guys,heading to Vegas in July and was wondering if it is best to book in advance for a helicopter trip to the grand canyon or to wait until we arrive.also are there any recommendations for companies,swaying towards maverick at the minute.Cheers Tay.

2. PsyDoc

PsyDoc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think that depends on how tight your schedule is. If you want to do it on a specific day, then it would probably wise to book reservations in advance, otherwise it may be better to wait until you arrive (because it is cheaper).

3. tay

tay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be there for ten days so should have plenty of time to arrange.thanks for the help

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not done a helicopter tour, just bus.

But if I were you, I would book in advance.

1) It could be a time commitment of anywhere from 3 hours to a full day, so having it blocked off in advance will help you plan the rest of the trip.
    2) My experience with the bus tours at least is with research and googling you can get better deals that you'll be able to buy at a random booth in Vegas. And just as importantly, you will be able to research reviews of the companies you are looking at. How long do they stop where? How big is that snack? Etc.
    3) You might want to research and decide what time of day makes sense to do it, and have the flexibility to book that.

I wouldn't book way in advance, but if you are sure you want to do it, I'd have it booked before I got there.

5. tay

tay Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks nevyn, some good advice there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.