1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Go Deluxe High Roller ?'s

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Camp Rusty, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heynow Gamblers :):):)

Have a Go Deluxe High Roller next weekend........booked through Southwest.

Any one stayed in one ? We check in Thursday late so we sort of beat the the weekend crowds.

We spend a fair amount of time in the room, anyone have any suggestions ? Haven't stayed in the Flamingo for a few years, maybe before the High Roller was even a thought. Last time we just asked to be as high up as possible.

Rusty

2. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a while since I've stayed in a Go room at Flamingo, probably 3 years or so. I felt the room was a little worn and rough around the edges at that time so I'd imagine they haven't gotten much better as I don't think they've renovated in that time. With that said, I am the exact opposite and never in my room besides to sleep 3-4 hours if I'm lucky and don't have the itch to get back down to the action, so it's not really a hinderance to me because I just sleep a few hours and shower and I'm on my way. However, I now get offers from MGM and NY-NY so I chose to stay there as I have a preference for their rooms because in my experience they have been better kept for CET properties except maybe some rooms I've stayed in at PH and Caesars and I find more (although still too few) 3-2 blackjack tables at MGM and virtually none at CET.

With all of that rant completed, I don't think you will be totally disappointed in the room. It is definitely brighter and more welcoming that a FAB room at Flamingo but I would just temper expectations. I do like the fact that they have the solid floors in the rooms their over carpet, they are ahead of their time in realizing many people party in Vegas rooms and its a lot easier to keep hard floors clean than carpet. If some reason the room isn't to your standard, remember you have all the action of the strip to go enjoy so make due to sleep and clean up. I've survived the old Imperial Palace for a night and 2 nights at Excalibur, relative to those experiences Flamingo GO room looked like the Wynn. :haha:

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, it's basically a GO room without a view.. been a few years for me too, but yea, Flamingo is a bit rough.. but a GO room is a decent step up. I would want to make sure I wasn't near the Cromwell, they have loud parties at night.

Definitely as said above, keep your expectations tempered with Flamingo...

4. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies......

I am thinking it's the New Imperial Palace :confused2:

The Yelp and Trip Advisor reviews from this year so far are grim, lots of one star reviews. We have shows at the Brooklyn Bowl Friday Saturday and Sunday, then probably some car trips during the day. Guessing gambling will be early morning after the shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.