1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting rid of timeshare creeps

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by MisplacedTexan, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like Joe said, just ignore them.

I usually give them a semi-friendly smile and shake my head...that usually alleviates any guilt I feel for not being polite. But I do not stop walking and I don't respond to them (other than the head shaking) at all. I've never had one follow me more than a few steps before he knew he wasn't going to get anywhere.

2. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it should be noted there were 21 comments on the same day as the first post was made. That reflects it is indeed right up there with the slappers...perhaps beyond....(at least they don't try to hand out their cards) Perhaps "Do you guys buy timeshares as well?" would work.

3. billyinpg

billyinpg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We found out early on that NOT being married drives them away. It usually starts with how would you and your wife, or husband...

We're not married.

Oh sorry to bother you.

The funniest thing is that one time my girlfriend pushed it and said basically said what the fuck dude are you pro marriage or what.

He told us that because we are not married we couldn't afford it, we had a good laugh at that, if he only knew we were there looking at houses.:evillaugh

4. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're with your gf/wife hold hands so hawker knows you're a couple, then tell him "I don't think my wife back home would appreciate me buying a timeshare"

5. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!

6. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Chicago, going to/from work/lunch, I run into dozens of people trying to shake you down, ranging from homeless drunks and crack heads to "professional" vermin asking for donations for greenpeace, planned parenthood or homosexual organizations. I have a glance down pat which will 90% of the time will result in silence. It works in Vegas as well.

Never felt a smidgen of guilt. I'm on vacation and I'm not wasting a second.

[YOUTUBE]UC86yQAzaxg[/YOUTUBE]

7. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the one of holding hands and responding "My wife doesn't even know I'm in Vegas."

Also, at the risk of actually talking to them, asking how many they own. If they respond with a number, ask how many the company has added in the last five years. Which means each one they own has lost value.

8. HeaterSeeker

HeaterSeeker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Needed that laugh. :haha:

9. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup...i go with my wife, and we look like poor ass kids (WE ARE!) and I haven't been so much as ASKED about a timeshare.

10. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually we just walk by and say "No thanks".

They can be creative and funny.
    One guy was handing out coupons for a free meal. These I will usually grab just in case we need them. Then he gave me some additional coupons. Hey who doesn't enjoy coupons. Then he says his buddy has some good stuff for me and I ask "Is it a time share?" and he says "Yes". My wife laughs and says "They got you." I had to listen to my wife the next 10 minutes on how I was a sucker and fell for their tricks. :eek:

Another guy would ask "Are you two married or happy?" I would always giggle when I walk past that guy.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  11. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great. Now I can't wait to be hassled by a time share hawker :nworthy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.