1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

First time renting a car! (Enterprise)

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Laugh, Dec 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've found that Enterprise is the least pushy WRT insurance and add-ons.

They do, however, do one iteration of upgrade upsell at the desk. No rebuttal or push-back.

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Duffer is right on with his comments.

Also note, some agencies have hybrid or mixed hybrid cars. Last time I had a full sized car and got a ford fusion hybrid. Same thing happened on Maui, I got the fusion hybrid and put on 500 miles on less than a tank of gas. Probably saved me $40 or so dollars with the hybrid.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm back!
    Follow-up questions.
    My credit card does have an "Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver."
    Should I still get the other things... Liability Damage Waiver and Collison Damage Waiver? It seems I should since I don't want to have to deal with my insurance going up, etc.
    Thanks!

Yearly Online Friends Trip!
    Cousin's Bachelor Party!
  4. Init2winit

Init2winit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You state your credit card has collision damager waiver but then you ask again whether you still need to get it? o_O

• Like Like x 1
  5. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh Whoops, lol. This is why I like peers to check my work ;D

Cousin's Bachelor Party!
  6. Grant1982

Grant1982 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always use a Costco coupon code to add an additional driver free of charge, you actually have to be a member for it to work. I have never had any issues with Enterprise.

7. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you not have your own car with insurance? Your policy may already cover rentals. Your credit card is probably only secondary insurance so the credit card company will want your own insurance company to pay first. If you drive around Monterey Bay, and the winding highways there, Vegas should be piece of cake.

8. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a good policy through State Farm. See, I really don't know these things. I'll give them a call about rental insurance I may have.
    Haha, thanks for reassurance.

Cousin's Bachelor Party!
  9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will tell you the most important thing you need to know if you rent a late-model car.

If it has a push-button starter, you have to have your foot on the brake or nothing will happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Las Vegan Cajun

Las Vegan Cajun High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same holds true for the same model cars that have key starter. Foot has to be on the the brake to start as well as when moving the shift selector from park or neutral to reverse or drive.

11. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My car is 10 yrs old and I do have to have a foot on the brake to put it in gear (but not to start it).

I rented a car last summer in Vegas and I sat in it for 5 minutes pressing the start button and staring at the key fob that had a little metal thing sticking out of it like a pinky finger, then I had to go for the owner's manual, lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My 2016, which has key starter, has to have foot on brake to start as well as putting it in gear. My wife’s 2014, which has push button starter is the same way, foot on brake for both start and putting in gear.

13. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have rented exclusively from Enterprise for the past 10 years, renting at least 3 to 4 times a year at Las Vegas and other locations in the U.S. I have an option on my American Express card that covers my rental cars for $24.95 per TRIP. About five years ago I had some damage done to the right front quarter panel of one of my Enterprise rentals. I think the dopes at the Mirage valet caused the damage, but I could not prove it. Anyway I took photos of the damage when I dropped off the car and did the paperwork at Enterprise. The American Express people took care of everything and I was not charged a penny as I recall. I have their Enterprise Plus card so I accumulate points on every rental. I'm using some points for a rental on my upcoming Super Bowl Vegas trip and it is saving me $200 for my week's rental. They have a special line at the Las Vegas rental location for Enterprise Plus cardholders so I never have to wait in line for more than a few minutes. I take a small flashlight to use when I go over the car before signing the paperwork. The pickup area is dimly lit at the Vegas facility so the flashlight comes in handy for picking up small dings and scratches. I have had a few minor problems with some of my Vegas rentals: ( slow leak in one of the tires which caused me to put air in the tire several times during my trip, found a small bag of marajuana in the the glove compartment). The Enterprise people have always been good about putting things right and addressing my complaints. Don't be rude with the rental agent, but be firm and stand your ground if you have concerns about your rental car. My last Vegas rental ( two weeks ago) the agent tried to give me a car that was dinged and scrapped up with a stained back seat. I told her that I was not taking that car and wanted to look at another. She did not give me a hassle and I was very satisfied with the other car. Taking any photos of minor damage before driving away is a very good idea. I has been a long time since I have had a Enterprise agent try to upsell me on insurance.

14. Spivderman

Spivderman Macallan 17, please!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WJ’s advice about taking a small flashlight for inspection can not be overstated!

15. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most smartphones have a handy built-in flashlight.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Spivderman

Spivderman Macallan 17, please!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You make a good point. Personally, I find it easier to hold the flashlight in one hand and take a picture with my phone using the other hand. It’s nice to have options, however.

17. Las Vegan Cajun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have one of these on all my key chains, comes in real handy quite often.

E13E883A-3EF0-4516-AB77-E6AED57F0FD5.png

18. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try not to bump into anything as that causes much paperwork.

19. Vegas Todd

Vegas Todd MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rented the 1st trip to Vegas and will never rent there again.

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  20. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rented from Enterprise yesterday because it was the least expensive and only 2 blocks away.
    The location had an overwhelming number of 1 star google review so of course I was intrigued,
    The pickup was painless and quick. The " walk- thru" was quick and we were only looking for " dents bigger than a golfball any small dings are normal wear and tear"
    Car has 12K miles on it
    So far I would have to give it 5 stars
    I love online reviews

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.