1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Experiences with Memorial Day Weekend in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Dec 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a REALLY good deal on a flight and hotel to Vegas. I am there Thursday, May 25th - Monday, May 29th (May 29th is Memorial Day). I hear it's a really good time to be in LV! Does anyone have any suggestions? Experiences they want to share from past Vegas Memorial Day experiences?

July 19th - July 24th
  2. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're right about great deals for this time of the year. We've been there the last two Memorial Days and the prices were very reasonable. Not really a experience, but we stayed at the Cosmopolitan last year and it was fun seeing many of the hotels with their patriotic flag themes from this vantage point.

3. DJ Ran

DJ Ran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you enjoy fighting the crowds for just about everything, you're in luck. It's extremely busy. Memorial Day Weekend & Labor Day Weekend are the 2 times I totally avoid Vegas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, granted it was 2012 last time I went over memorial day but remember a long wait for a taxi at the airport (uber wasn't there), lines and crowds everywhere. Make lots of reservations if possible and/or plan on sitting at the bar to eat (which many people like myself actually like!). Also you're paying holiday rates at a lot of restaurants. I've heard the weekend before or after are far more affordable and less busy but that some show performances take their vacations then and are not offered.

5. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have been for Memorial Day twice in the last five years and it does get crowded. After the last time we decided to go earlier in the month to avoid some of the crowds which sucks because my wife's birthday is around Memorial Day and who doesn't want to spend their birthday in Vegas.

Mark

6. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try to take advantage long weekends and have been there for Memorial Day Weekend many times.
    It is busy but no more than other big weekends like Labor Day,July 4th and Valentines Day when they fall on weekends,and March Madness.
    Not even close to Super Bowl and New Years Eve.

The weather is about perfect at the end of May and the pools are open.
    I guess I'm used to being there on busy weekends so the crowds don't bother me too much.
    Make your dinner reservations before you go so you don't get shut out.

7. BlackEight88

BlackEight88 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely busy. My first 5 trips were mdw/ldw .. Including both in one year!! We like going to the clubs and pools to see the DJs and those weekends tend to have the best lineups every day. I like it busy though so I don't mind

8. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dunno. I unwittingly booked over Labor Day this year and TBH I really didn't notice much of a difference in the crowds from any other summer trip I've taken. I think maybe the club/pool scene would be on another level of crazy, but that's not me so it didn't affect me.

The only time that I've gone, and I've gone pretty much every time of year, that I notice less crowding is over Xmas. Which is why I book it every year and will be blissfully there in 6 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.