1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do You Nap During The Day?!

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by YukonSloMo, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only time I have a nap in the day will be my first day in Vegas after a 10 hour flight.

2. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to get up early and gamble - eat breakfast with my friends when they finally rise and shine - play
    hard til around 2 or 3PM and then go up and take a nap. Get back up and meet back up with friends
    and go some more. I love early mornings in Vegas - love to watch the sun come up.

Usually we try and meet up for a big breakfast, don't do lunch, and then meet up again later for dinner.
    I am the only really early riser though in our bunch - so I do like my little naps.

3. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had only two Vegas rules for myself for the past 13 years I've been going:

1. No naps
    2. No going to bed before midnight

But as I get older and the trips have expanded to 5 nights, these are getting harder and harder to follow. Last trip (April), I went to bed at 12:05 once even though it could have been 11pm but I stayed up to stay true to my dumb rules.

4. rvallez6

rvallez6 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't nap because it'll just make me feel lazy and tired when i get up. I tend to wake up pretty early. I don't get much sleep in Vegas, but i never have taken a nap. My last few trips to Reno as well, I'd drive up, get there early, drink all day, and other people i was with would go take naps, but i just feel like i'll end up wanting to sleep the rest of the night.

5. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good rules and respect for sticking to them still. I'm usually going back to my room at about 2am at the earliest. But as my week goes on my getting out of bed time gets a little later towards the end of the trip.

• Like Like x 1
  6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually my first time in a Sams Town room was borrowing a room to do a power nap one afternoon. The noise from the show in the court woke me up.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After the first 24 hours in Vegas, I'm pretty much off the clock. On any given day, I might go to bed at 3pm and get up at 9pm, or go to bed at 3am and get up at 9am. Only thing I can't really do is nap. If I sleep, I need at least 4 or 5 hours straight, or else I'm sluggish and grouchy.

8. PTC Larry

PTC Larry Off We Go

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reading these responses it proves everyone is different on how they spend their days. We go for six or seven days and spend most of our time downtown. We like to take a break between lunch and happy hour to just rest and relax and then we are good for a fun night. I usually check my emails have a martini or two and listen to the news before happy hour. Those who don't nap/rest you have more energy than us, but we remember the good old days when we would walk the strip all day and night and sometimes end up sleeping in the sports/keno areas, but never again.

9. cpochick

cpochick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually nap every day around 4 or 5 for the same reason as most have stated, usually get up early and go to the pool, sight see gamble early in the day, so a late afternoon nap or just down time relaxing in the room refreshes for a long night of fun.

10. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have tried naps but rarely does it work.
    I am not a caffeine drinker but in Vegas I will have coffee and energy drinks so when nap time comes I am more likely to just lie wondering when I can do back down stairs.

11. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LV_Bound I will go with you there on the energy drinks.

If I am slowing down in the afternoon and a nap isn't going to happen I will do a Red Bull. I never do those at home, Vegas seems like a natural spot for them.

They work for me for sure too, I get a good four hours of go out of one, that's not a vodka and Red Bull though. Those come later :beer:

12. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely we take naps. Being out all night can be tiring. We are always in LV during July/August and the heat can sap energy.

Sleeping in LV is less likely for a short trip and more likely during a longer one.

13. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regularly between 4 and 6 in afternoon....

14. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    19 years ago: trips were 2 nights, no time for naps

Today: 4 or 5 nights, bigger bankrolls, more trips per year... yeah, I can afford to take a nap now!

Vegas Trip #58
  15. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I made a prior comment that I liked to nap but part of the reason for napping is that the cig and cigar smoke gives me a headache and makes me tired. A nap for a couple of hours and a quick shower before going out makes me feel better and I can stay up till 3 or 4 am.

if I don't nap then I find that I'm tired and feel like a zombie and sometimes I make dumb decisions. One time I remember going through the motions on a vp machine when suddenly I realized that I just threw away a straight or flush or something. After that I knew it was best to take a nap/rest so I don't make questionable decisions.

But then I find that overall I sleep more in vegas than I do at home. At home I usually sleep about 5 hours but in vegas I'm sleeping about 6 or more hours a day (when you include the naps).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.