1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Craps the Packer Way

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by Packer, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    4Eyes beat me to it...If it's the same person, Packer indeed plays a heavy Doey-Don't system...
    Great if they'll comp you on it, and you hit some 12's in there to make profit...
    I did the same thing in Reno for years, getting way overcomped (not as big as packer; only $10 flat with 345x)
    But it got BOOOORING, and id always end up playing other bets..and then lose money...

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure all places give you any credit whatsoever if you bet both sides at the same time. I know a supervisor at Bellagio told me that once. There was a poker player playing big on both sides and after he left, the supervisor told me they rated him at zero. But hopefully other places do give the player credit for betting both sides

I Need Spa
  3. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ukfanatic, whats your strategy for craps??

The doey dont system will work on occassion if you tip well and play some other bets

4. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a word: dull. I play the don't about 75% of the time and the pass the other 25%. Always bet full odds and use negative progression when I hit a long cold streak.

I Need Spa
  5. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm curious how they rate that play as well, let me ask

6. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why would they? Perhaps knowing the player would likely get bored and start with house edge bets?

7. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Evsn if you were getting comped on the passline play and fhe critter didnt see the dont it would be worth it if you bet heavy.

Do most places count the odds intk your average as well? I have seen it both ways

8. chonglosaxon

chonglosaxon MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On another note i have no idea why anyone would play this way. You may as well play nothing at all or just the 12.

9. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think there is any good reason why they would. I was just emphasizing that I can't say for sure that they do not (except at Bellagio, where the supervisor told me they do not count it).

I Need Spa
  10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cannot imagine any scenario where they don't see someone repeatedly betting both the pass and don't pass. Hell, a dealer always asks me if that is what I meant to do if I even switch form one side to the other. They notice.

As for counting odds, the short answer is no, almost no places count the odds toward your average bet. The consensus on the Vegas strip is that Cosmo counts the odds bet (but other VMB members have reported that the formula Cosmo uses to calculate your craps theo is different, so it probably ends up the same as if you are not counting the odds). One other member reported that Caesars or another CET property counts the odds when calculating your average bet, but I don't think that has yet been confirmed by anyone else.

I Need Spa
  11. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did personally see Packer play his way today. He did pretty good, but I think it is essentially a modified don't system. So will do good when the table is cold like today. But a hot table will not be good, but I guess since most tables in vegas are cold, Packer will continue to win! But like I said in my TR, this system is not for me since I like the excitement of making multiple passes (I had a good moment of 3 passes in a roll, so it could have been a worse day). Also Packer's friend has the arm of death...can point 7 out at will....no wonder he plays dark side :)

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whether a place or a chain counts odds in your rating isn't really going to have any effect on your comps, there's no free lunch, rest assured they account for it.

So let's say you play at and MGM property and you play the pass line for $10 and two come bets for $10 and you put out max odds. The most you have on the table at one time is $170. MGM rates you at $30.

Now you do the same thing at a CET property. You get "rated" at $170.

1. CET knows how much of that $170 is odds, and it's not going to go towards your theo, and you aren't going to get the same comps as someone who puts $170 on the pass line. Of course, if the dice roll well, you make out better with the odds bets than with higher comps.

2. The fact that the box tells you you were rated at $170 at CET doesn't help you outside of CET anyway.

13. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:

I Need Spa
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.