1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Covid Halloween who’s doing what?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by flyguyfl, Sep 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!
    24 years and still no kids-
    perfect!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. nancyf

nancyf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we never get children here.... BUT our church will still do trunk or treat so we always donate candy to that event.

• Like Like x 3
  3. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lights on, full size candy bars, and the full works on decorations per the usual. Twelve pack of beer in the cooler and Halloween playlist will be thumping. I don't see any real risks from sitting on the porch giving out some candy bars. Hahaha I took just as many beers from the CW's at the pool on my last Vegas trip as I will give out to kids that night.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This pict was sent to me.
    Haunted.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. DDB

DDB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pandemic be damned. Me and my my little guy are going trick or treating. Mama can stay home with the babies with the lights out.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We never do much so Covid is not affecting us. I usually work and our street doesn’t really get trick or treaters because half the houses are B&Bs plus this year Im sure there are plenty of drive throughs.

We usually watch old movies on or around depending on my nights off. Favorites of mine Ghost and Mr Chicken with Don Knotts and Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein. I just got these 2 Bob Hope Movies. Never realized he did Horror/Comedy movies.

I don’t like slasher type scary movies. My boyfriend now husband took me to Halloween when I was a Senior in High School I could not go to sleep that night. I waited until I heard my mother get up in the morning. And then the following year the Fog gave me nightmares. Although both make the list now because compared to today’s graphic violence movies it’s like watching Shirley Temple. I can take blood at work- but in a movie I’m a wuss.
    [​IMG]

7. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cat People (or something titled close)......scary first time.... or so much after.

8. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rarely get trick or treaters but I’m always prepared! Movies all day usually- if anything worth watching is playing on television I’ll watch that. Also Halloween III , Boo - Madea, White Zombie, and I ordered a few. Working up the nerve to watch Suspiria again - movie is so damned scary and I can barely follow along!

9. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PXL_20201003_183346731.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  10. MARK

MARK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm taking my 4 year old out trick or treating. She enjoyed it so much last year no one is stopping us this year.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don’t get people coming to our place, and hitting up store in-person on Nov. 1 for clearance candy is kinda out, *but* I did buy a big box of Hi-Chew on Amazon, and a good chunk from See’s Candy, so I’ll be nice and sugared up :jester::woohoo::woot::love::licklips:

12. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The mayor of my city informed it has never been a situation of Halloween or no Halloween.
    If you don't want to hand out candy, don't put on your porch light is what residents were informed.
    May put a bowl out for the kids.
    And refill until all out.
    Any left, give to charity.
    Waiting to see how the weather is when it is closer to the day

13. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got these solar lights at Dollar Tree for a buck each. I think they're cool. Unfortunately we've never had a trick or treator in 20+ years.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll be at Yosemite that weekend. Just booked a room at the Lodge!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. BethReads

BethReads Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The kid’s school is doing a drive thru event with a goodie bag and that’s it for us. I’m sure trick or treat will be happening but we are not participating. None of us needs that much sugar anyway.

16. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any fun dinner ideas? I did a meatloaf shaped like a cut-off monster hand a few years ago. I saw on twitter someone did sugar cookers w/ icing like chopped off bloody fingers.....

I have my mermaid costume - I plan to just dress up and make something fun for dinner for the 2 of us, but I'm still feeling somewhat blocked....

• Like Like x 1
  17. AlwaysUpForFun

AlwaysUpForFun VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll our plans are TBD this weekend. I have reservations in both LV and Death Valley.

There is also the possibility that we will cancel going west entirely. If that is the case I have a cabin reservation at one of the Indiana State Parks and we will be doing a Full Moon hike.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We rarely get more than a dozen kids but as usual, we'll be home and prepared for 50. We don't decorate but we'll leave the porch light on and wear our face mask when answering the door. We probably won't do the idle chit chat we normally do with the kids and parents but it will still be nice to see the kids and quickly hand out treats.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TiffyChick

TiffyChick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be chilling in Vegas at a party near the strip. Before anyone asks, the planners for the event are observing all the state mandated guidelines. If it gets too crazy, I'll cut out early. :)

Solo because YOLO - June 9-14, 2024
  20. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don’t have kids so I haven’t been out trick or treating in 20+ years when I used to go with a neighbor and her kids. I have always loved Halloween. Until last year, my heart wasn’t in it. We had a dog that all the kids in the neighborhood loved and she absolutely loved kids. At Halloween when the doorbell would ring she would lay down and watch when I opened door and when she would see the kids in the doorway her little Spaniel nub tail would wag like crazy. We lost her at the first of October last year, after 13 1/2 years. I told the hubs the other day that I was taking a hard pass on giving out candy this year.

Happy birthday to me!
    Let’s check Garth off my nieces bucket list!
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.