1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

conflicting info from desk agents at the D

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Shelbymae, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbymae

Shelbymae Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So a few of he ladies called to ask some questions, lady 1 informed them that we were a group of military moms, and wanted to know if we could all be placed near eachother or atleast on the same floor. The desk person told her that the Venetian offered military discounts....and did not say yes or no to the question. Lady 1 then asked about requesting a fridge....and was told that all rooms had them
    Lady 2 called and wondered if she had a smoking room if the windows were able to open, to air the room and let fresh air in.....informed that no the windows did not open. Lady 2 then asked about not having the fridge stocked so she could put her own items in it.....and was told that only premium rooms had fridges.

I really want to book with the D....but I am offended that they first of all tried to push us off and get us to go to the Venetian....had we wanted to stay on the strip we wouldnt be bothering asking The D questions!!!! I mean there isnt even a price comparison!!! Also miffed that we are getting conflicting info reguarding the fridges. I wanted to email them, and get it in writing what they offer.....but unable to find an email address for them... Just wanted to vent....im in a pissy mood tonight and needed to throw a hissy fit....so here I am....LOL

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would try to help, but must plead ignorance. What is the "D"?

I will say that no hotel can promise rooms together. They have no idea what their situation will be when you check in. They will try, but can only deal with their inventory.

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D is the old Fitzgerald (downtown)

4. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All corner kings have fridges, some regular rooms have them also, they will send one if requested.
    We have stayed in three corner rooms, and the fridges were all empty. The windows don’t open.
    Rooms are assigned at check in, but they will work with you and do their best.

Our last stay my mother in law was with us, my wife asked for adjoining rooms, I told the clerk no, just make it close. She smiled at me and said, she would see what she could do. We got adjoining rooms, but I still tipped her.

Also ask for an east facing room, if your on east coast time and need some sleep, their quieter.
    Our first two trips downtown we stayed at the Queens, but played a little at Fitz’s (the D) and received free room offers, so tried it. And have stayed there every trip since. Stop worrying about it, you’ll have a blast.

If you have more questions, hit their face book page.

5. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would call directly and not rely on others.

I've stayed here since 2000 and found all of the staff...well I still stay here so that says it all.

So, call directly, explain your need and concern and they will work with you.

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.