1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps and Host Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by tial, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tial

tial Low-Roller

Hi everyone,

A quick little background - I love to go vegas as much as i can throughout my gambling "career" i never got past entry level membership for any property until this NYE. My wife loves MGM properties so this NYE we stayed at Mirage and i opened an Mlife card and the end of the trip i went from Sapphire to Gold. I am about 120,000 points away from Platinum. I just called to book a room at mirage for my 30th in february and asked when I will start receiving offers or free play and the man i spoke said when i arrive in february to speak with a host to maybe get a room comped or food/beverage. But is it okay if i speak with a host even though i am not platinum card holder? it seems a little intimidating... also the man on the phone said my average bet was $26 when i was there NYE if i decide to play at the craps table starting bet at $10 does that drop my ADT a lot? Not sure if i will have a big bank roll this trip but i am trying.

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Depends if you have odds bets and other bets on the table. If it is just a straight $10 Pass and no other bets, then yes. If you have $10, full odds, and some numbers, then it will probably maintain or increase your ADT.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't matter what level you are to speak with a host. So give it a shot.

That being said, if your average bet is $26, a host probably can't do anything for you (unless you're playing 18 hours a day :goofy:). You should be getting a discounted rate. Other than that, you're not going to get anything beyond your corporate offers (once they start coming) other than the express comps your play generates

I Need Spa
  4. pleepleus

pleepleus 2016 - The monkey is back

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At that level, there isn't much of an ADT. You can try speaking with a host, but don't be disappointed if they can't do anything for you. Unless of course, you happen to lose thousands of dollars at your $26 average.

5. schmalen1

schmalen1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, you got 80k tiers. A friend of mine reaches gold usually by slot play with a total loss of less than 1 grand.
    Sorry to say, but I don't think a host can do something for you. Think it will be the same offers or discounted room rates you find on the mlife website.

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, I didn't think about it until I saw this post, but something doesn't add up. With a $26 average bet at craps, the OP would have to play somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 hours to acquire those TC. Was all of that achieved on one trip?? Makes me think something is off about the reported numbers

I Need Spa
  7. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Some or most of the TCs could have come from hotel spend.

8. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahhh, that makes more sense. I always forget about that!

I Need Spa
  9. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep hotel spend alone has pushed me over to gold twice by staying a week at Vdara with 2 suites but playing 95%
    at Cosmo

10. tial

tial Low-Roller

Thanks for your input guys... Well I hope corporate offers are better then mlife discount rates hahahaha. I'll give it a shot and speak with a host regarding my play. Last trip NYE was all blackjack play and slots. Hopefully this trip the craps table will treat me well. Haven't been doing so well on craps. :(. Once again thank you for your insight regarding my play/questions.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 - Scan down through posts here. You will find lots of help.
    2 - Offers are tied to your play, NOT your level.
    3 - New offers take time to show up - sometimes months.
    4 - Hotel rates vary WIDELY from night to night. Look at the rates for a full month to see the variances. (events, conferences, etc)
    5 - Yes, call in and ask.
    6 - See #1 - it will provide you with lots of help. Especially under hotels, comps, and gambling

12. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think the OP said what he played on his NYE trip. He asked IF he played craps at $10.
    Either way, I doubt a host could do anything for the OP at an avg bet of $26. I didn't think mlife rated a player with less than a $25 bet.

13. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on the property. I've been told the $25 minimum for rating at mirage. But at nyny, Monte Carlo and Aria I've never been hassled about it.

And to the OP, no matter your level of play you should visit the Mlife desk before check out and see if there's anything they can knock off your bill. They call the host on duty and do what they can. Even if all they can do is resort fee or coffee shop visit, at least it's something.

14. tial

tial Low-Roller

Thanks for the feedback. And I agree something is better then nothing. When I was at mirage for NYE before checkout they discounted me $460 for the room which was awesome.

ill have to speak with a host to get a better idea of everything.

15. ademarco6

ademarco6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am thinking maybe you should try V/P, CET, Hard Rock, or Cosmo. I don't gamble at a high level ($25-50) BJ and some slots and get comped rooms, FP, and some other incentives. MGM doesn't send me anything. From reading this forum it seems that most enjoy Cosmo. I am not sure if things are changing as I know they have new owners.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.