1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Carbone reservations

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by seviay, Jul 31, 2023.

1. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ate there Fri and Sat night.
    I had the same experience with online reservations.
    Had to call my host for Fri and sat at the bar.The bartender hooked me up for Sat.

I will say while sitting there , quite a few people walked up trying to get bar seating .A few were successful but most were not.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tarpie

Tarpie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They weren't quite that rude to me, but I was informed that even the bar seating requires reservations and was full.

Just checked and one month does seem to be the cutoff, at least online. Reservations are available 9/13 and 9/14 but not in the succeeding days.

Also looks like Seven Rooms won't take solo reservations nor does it have specific bar/hightop tables. Looks like I'll have to go through a concierge/host to get a solo spot at the bar just to see if I can.

3. huskermike

huskermike Dice Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Book a table for 2 with a note you’ll be dining solo. I’ve done that in the past and had no issues.

• Like Like x 2
  4. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For what it's worth, I was trying to get a reservation at the "original" Carbone in NYC last month and it was similarly difficult (I didn't succeed, unfortunately). Though they use another reservation system called "Resy" which I found to be far more intuitive than Seven Rooms, especially when it comes to notifying you of new availability that comes up due to cancellations.

Something I haven't seen mentioned in this thread... if the OP holds MGM Gold or higher status, "Fine Dining Priority Reservations" is a listed tier benefit. I wonder if that can be leveraged in any way to obtain a desired reservation.

Additionally, an extraordinarily travel-savvy friend of mine advised me that those who hold an Amex Platinum card are more likely to get a Carbone (NYC) reservation via the Platinum concierge as they apparently keep tables aside for Amex Platinum holders. Not sure if that applies to Carbone in Vegas or elsewhere as well... but it's worth attempting if you have that card IMO.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  5. Bobandy

Bobandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just randomly came across this post. I am travelling down for a VGK game in a few weeks in October. I just called Carbone directly at the listed number of 1 702-590-2663. I asked if I could make a reservation for 2 and they booked me in no problem at all. Very surprised when I hear peoples past experiences.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. mechmonkey

mechmonkey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time I stayed at Aria I was able to walk into Carbone without a reservation. I had the same experience with the online booking - nothing is ever available.

Trip #12 - Sky Suites One Bedroom Penthouse
    Trip #13 - Something Different
  7. dollface

dollface Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alert - Alert - Carbone reservations online are fully available for Monday & Tuesday Halloween week.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. mechmonkey

mechmonkey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a heads up that Carbone reservations are available for F1 weekend.

9. Alligate

Alligate Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have online bookings gone down altogether or is there genuinely not a single slot in the next month?

I'm coming from Australia and desperate for some spicyyyyy rigatoni so I'm searching to try and make sure I snag a reservation the second they release them for my dates but there is currently zip zilch zippo showing - am I dreaming to think I may be able to get a table?

10. mechmonkey

mechmonkey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked online last week for a November date. It's possible but books up quickly.

11. TrueSon94

TrueSon94 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  12. TrueSon94

TrueSon94 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What time did you go on to book? Trying for a Tuesday reservation

13. K_K

K_K Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a Platinum member at MGM. I just called Aria Concierge today and asked if they could assist. The representative said he has not booked a Carbone reservation for anyone in the last 3 years. I asked if 1030PM was available next month (Saturday). He said yes. Also 10:45PM was also available. Lately, we've been dining later and later due to play and day drinking, so we don't mind a later time. Hope whoever is interested in dining at Carbone is also flexible with a later dining time.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  14. K_K

K_K Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would like to add Seven Rooms is not trash. I like it a lot, but some things to keep in mind everyone:

1. Buyouts. Especially during a convention. Your chances of booking places immediately dwindle.
    2. We have dined at Zuma over 10-15x. All through Seven Rooms. All within a 2+ month advance booking. Never an issue. I also have zero issues at other properties that uses 7R. However, if you have status, hotels like Wynn have their own "slots" allocated to players with status and high rollers. If you meet these requirements, call your concierge to arrange this.
    3. If the status reservation fails, your host can get you into tough reservations too. Do not be afraid to ask. We did this for last minute reservation request for SW through our host at the Wynn.

Good luck everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  15. mechmonkey

mechmonkey Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My most recent experience might not be a good comp for you. It was during F1 week and they had not allowed anyone (other than MGM Platinums) to book reservations during that week. Eventually they sent out an email allowing other guests to book reservations that week. It wasn't the regular process to be sure. Other than that experience I've always just walked up and had dinner at the bar.

Not sure when you are going, but when I log in to my MGM account I can see availability in early February. January seems booked solid.

16. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to get a reservation for a table for seven at 5:15 on a Sunday night by calling exactly 30 days in advance. I could have got a table for six online, but six is the max for online ressies. The listed number goes to the main MGM/Aria reservation line and they took my info to work with the restaurant. I got an email back within 24 hrs.

17. OlyPhotog

OlyPhotog Playing for my first Grand!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for bumping this thread. Just got ressies for upcoming trip!

Home sweet home
    Testing Noir status
  18. TrueSon94

TrueSon94 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wanting for February 20 so gotta wait until Sunday

19. TrueSon94

TrueSon94 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What time did you call?

20. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called about noon Pacific. I played around with the website and I could have made the reservation online for 6 or less as seven rooms was showing the availability, so if you have a smaller party, I'd try the website early in the day. I was also doing a group of 10 at Javier's and once they took my info for Carbone they transferred me directly to Javier's host stand as it was already open. They might have done the same with Carbone if it was open

PS I'm pretty sure it helps to login to the MGM rewards site if you have status with them

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024