1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Vegas Burger?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mider999, Sep 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_On_The_End

Ten_On_The_End VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fat Burger is a good solid burger. Maybe not the best but good for the money. Plus, they'rs open 24/7 for a nutritious breakfast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey guys, if you're ever Downtown go to the Cal's Market St Cafe and try the Cal Burger.

The burger patty is hand made from scratch and the fries don't get made until you order. When it arrives the fries are piping hot (and there's plenty of it) and the burger is still sizzling on the awesome sesame seed bun.

And it don't cost no fancy shmancy price either. Comes with lettuce, tomato, pickle. I have a hard time finishing all of it. But it's a no nonsense, gosh darn moo-moo parkin awesome burger!!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh and a variety of cheeses and mushrooms and bacon can be had for a modest extra price.

4. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ooh Oooh, and what burger is complete without an ICE COLD COKE!!

Problem is the Market St. Cafe only has pepsi. It's ok I guess, especially if you prefer pepsi...

5. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $18?

We had the "Hubert Keller" at Burger Bar last year, it was $25. I couldn't remember the name, I know it was good, but worth $25?, probably not.

So, I looked it up, it is now almost $28 and it not even that big, maybe a 1/3lb, 1/2 at most. So, quality over quantity I guess. Hubert Keller happens to be the name of the Chef.

Here it is.
    http://burgerbarlv.com/menu/food/burgers/hubert-keller/

Here's the rest of the lineup. They have a Wagyu burger for $65.
    http://burgerbarlv.com/menu/

6. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I havent had many burgers in Vegas (I think just In n Out, smashburger, and GR pub) but the burger at Gordon Ramsey pub is easily one of the best I've ever had. I imagine they're the same at all the GR joints? Seems like they all share a lot of menu items. It all depends on personal taste though. After hearing my westie friends rave about how good In n Out is, I made a point to go out of my way to try it. I was VERY unimpressed. It is like steak n shake with better toppings but lower quality meat and bun. So you know, take my opinion with a grain of salt.

7. Ken D

Ken D Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holsteins has probably been my favorite, but I have not been in a long time (just once since they ended social hour). GR Burger at PH was just OK to me, and there is no way I would wait in a line (which is common) for it.

Going out of your way for a burger in Vegas does not make sense to me, especially as there are many acceptable options on the strip. South Strip you have Burger Bar at MB shops, NYNY has Broadway Burger Bar (which I've enjoyed in the past), and for North strip I like Strip Burger at Fashion Show Mall (have wanted to try Habit Burger there as well, but I'm rarely on North Strip anymore).

The places I go to for a burger now are Bobby's Burger Palace and Shake Shack (when not too busy). Somewhere I want to try is Burger Lounge at Aria, but they have limited seating and the timing of when I want a burger and they're not busy has not worked out for me yet.

8. Glenn357M

Glenn357M High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What about Walburgers?

9. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tried Holsteins and was disappointed The burger was too dry for my liking. I had a really good burger and fries at Charlies in Wynn this last trip. Will definitely go back to Charlies again for a burger.

A lot of replies to this thread like the burger at Gordon Ramsey which makes me want to try it when we go back out in May. Which Gordon Ramsey location are you referring to?

10. Ciniyo

Ciniyo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Burger Lounge at Aria is really good.

11. VolleyBall

VolleyBall 7* & MLife Plat

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had many burgers, an expensive one, the $35 Old Homestead was my favorite, I added bacon. I checked the menu and it USED to state it has a dry aged Pat LaFrieda patty, that mention has been removed. Believe it or not, the chains Ruth's Chris and Flemings burgers are prime, amazing and are usually on their happy hours at the bar area.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is a burger? By most ways of thinking, it's ground-up beef. And as chuck is nothing like tenderloin, burgers vary just as much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My two favorite quick burgers, as in eat and run, are:
    Shake Shack
    Fat Burger

A good sit down burger with a milkshake is Holsteins at Cosmo.

No longer an In n Out fan as @ardee noted, the fries are awful so not worth the visit.

15. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Using "scraps" is a tried-and-true manner to elevate the basic burger. Now the scraps need not be crap, and the fat content needs to be balanced, but it's the path to a righteous burger. One of the best anywhere in my life is at Hitching Post II (think "Sideways"). Trimmings, limited supply, only in the bar, charred perfectly rare+ over red oak, SRH Pinot in a big balloon. That is burger night! And fast burgers don't belong in that category, of course.

16. Bela Oxmyx

Bela Oxmyx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The green chili burger at Bobby Flay's burger joint down near NYNY is a must for me when I am in town. Have had it twice and both times is was perfect. Be sure to ask them to add the potato chips to the burger (they are free and add a nice extra snack to the meal). Fries were also very good. Extremely impressed with the server who went out of her way to keep my iced tea glass full. This level of service was unexpected at a burger joint and led to a well deserved and extremely large tip for her. Good food good service - what we all want on the strip.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. paconomad

paconomad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't had too many in Vegas, but the wife had the burger (along with the dirty fries) at Lardo and it was fantastic.

18. vegasvp

vegasvp VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In N Out, Habit Burger and Fatburger are my favorites.

19. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ??? i was told that a wagyu burgers only needs a minimum of 10% wagyu in the mix to legally
    qualify as a wagyu burger.... anyone know if true or not?

20. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No idea. Google it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.