1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best Comped Rooms You've Ever Had?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by RollingHigher, Oct 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Cosmo
    2. Cosmo
    3. Cosmo

A while back we stayed at Aria and somehow floated in to Cosmopolitan one night. They were doing freeplay/ loss match type of promo ( been so so long since I’ve seen one I forgot what they’re called - loss rebate?) so I churned through it and played some dollar machines to make it. Couldn’t have been more than a few hundred. It was a magical resort then, with music from another era being played by a live band, somewhere near the first level of the Chandelier.

A few months later I was comped 2 free nights in a terrace suite. My first Vegas comp!

After some vmb study and lots of dedication I’m getting a few free nights regularly from them now. I hope it continues! These are my favorite rooms in Vegas - need that terrace!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best comped room I have received was from Harrah’s Gulf Coast on the first night of a Biloxi to Tunica to Bossier City road trip during a Race for Rewards. On checking in I asked for a room with a view on a high floor and was given the Presidential Suite. It was an awesome start to the trip but unfortunately we didn’t gamble as much since the wife and I really enjoyed the room.

Mark

3. mrubs4

mrubs4 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1 My favorite comp room with my usual bankroll is the executive king/queen at MGM. Most of the time it's comped at least 2 or 3 nights when I'm looking to book a trip. It's a nice size with a living room area

2 I had a paradise suite and connector room at Trop comped for a few trips back in 2010+. Their old social media person Nicole who I'm sure a lot of VMBers remember hooked me up shortly after they remodeled. It was when I first started going to Vegas regularly so I felt really cool telling everyone how I had a comped suite (and it was a massive step up from the dumpy old Flamingo rooms we'd stayed in on the previous couple trips)

3 The low end Caesars properties. I haven't been to Vegas since Feb 2020, I didn't even gamble at any Caesars properties that trip and I haven't used my Caesars credit card in years...but I still have comp rooms popping up at Harrahs, Flamingo and Linq (as well as Harrahs and Trop in AC)

4. AyDee

AyDee is getting too old for this

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo, all of them, especially when no resort fees popped up, hope it doesn't get rekd
    Circa, Corner suites, prefer mountain to pool view,
    Cal Suite, the few times I somehow ended up in a suite, I think more likely w. Emerald room redemption than offers, or the one time my large BFF checked in w me but wasn't actually staying.

answer to 3 might have been Cal at one time, not so much now.

honorable mention South Point, the basic rooms are solid, if a little far from everything.

5. VegasSpouse

VegasSpouse Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last October we were upgraded from a Salone Suite to a 2bed/4.5 bath penthouse suite at Bellagio. High floor. Fountain view. No clue why we got the upgrade. Just the two of us.

Maybe they wanted to sell the original room and knew they wouldn’t sell the other?

Was great and probably the most expensive room we will ever stay in. We are more of the mindset - ‘Delano Suite’ is nice enough for us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. BiGGyT

BiGGyT Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Best was solo corner suite at Cosmo, fountain view. About to score a suite at Bellagio with comp (frb and credit) hope to.get a better than mountain view suite in November.
    2nd best was LVB corner suite at Barbary Coast before remodel, bar, living room, dated. Worst/best part was it was strip corner so great view but noisy as f**k.
    T

7. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For an actual comp, IP gave me the weirdest LUV Tub sorta-suite. It was very large, had a full bathroom, dressing area, sitting area and that damn tub in the living room. There was a giant mirror over the bed, which caused me to wonder who the hell that fat middle aged man was up there.

Nicest MyVegas comp was 3 nights in a suite at Mandalay Bay. I can't recall the name, but it was one level below the Skyline Suite if you did a paid booking. Large single room, but it was L-shaped with a full 6 person dining table in the separate area.

Other favorite MyVegas comp was a regular Aria room and getting a Panoramic Corner Suite for $60/night upcharge. Did that ever ruin regular hotel rooms for me.

Bonus: Worst comp was pre-renovation Plaza. Doors were falling off the bathroom cabinets, there was a bag over the mattress and there were door to door hookers looking for business.

8. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. My nicest comped room is probably also one of my least favorite rooms - as far as suites go. I made an arrangement with a host to comp me one night in the MGM Skyline Terrace, and I would pay for the other 2 nights. That was when I had an abundance of EC's. He did end up comping all 3 nights.

It was fun to stay in once, but didn't see the need to do it again. I mostly felt it was just too much suite for just me. I hated the stairs. Clumsy should be my middle name, and I had visions of myself tripping on the way down, and going through the window that was at the bottom. I really didn't like having a multi-level suite. It was hard to regulate the temperature, and trying to find the dials for the sheers and curtains was a challenge as there were so many of them. I kept losing things, and inevitably the lost item would be on the level that I was currently not on.

So my next stay at the MGM Grand, I booked the Penthouse City View Suite. Got there and found I was bumped. I didn't care, said I would be happy in the Executive King. But the woman I was dealing with, disappeared through a set of doors and didn't come back for like 45 minutes. (maybe it wasn't that long, but it sure felt like it). She came back and she was SO happy that she had gotten me the Skyline Terrace suite. What was I going to say....no thanks! :). So I, of course, thanked her profusely. I didn't like it any better the second time, and felt is was even more of a waste, because the first time, I had one with a smaller terrace. The second time, the terrace was HUGE!

2. I much preferred the Terrace Suite at the Cosmo, at least until they took the kitchens out. That is also the best suite I've had with the least amount of play, as the first time - it was an offer match.

3. I guess I feel that currently Mandalay Bay gives me the nicest rooms for my play - as the offer usually says I'm eligible for a premier suite. For whatever reason, I'm back to only getting suites at the lower end properties now. I used to get them at all the properties, granted it was the lower level suites - corner at Aria and Salone at Bellagio. Now, just a regular room.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.