1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio - July 13 to July 16

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by AStack75, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AStack75

AStack75 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

This report was originally a MySpace blog so it's more geared towards people who are less knowledgable in all things Vegas. But hopefully you guys can appreciate it also.

---

On Monday, July 14th, at roughly 9:48PM Las Vegas time, I proposed to my girlfriend Angela in front of the Fountains of Bellagio. Angela was not expecting it at all.

We arrived in Las Vegas the day before. I had brought two different cameras to Las Vegas. The first one was my Canon Digital SLR camera and the other was my Canon PowerShot G9 point and shoot camera. I had hidden the ring inside the larger SLR camera bag inside some supermarket bags.

We were staying at Bellagio during this trip. We go to see a few fountain shows shortly after we unpacked and got settled into out lakeview room. Then we had dinner at the Bellagio Buffet where I devoured Alaskan King Crab Legs as if I was trying to single handedly keep Sig Hansen gainfully employed.

We saw the new Beatles themed Cirque du Soleil show "Love" that night at The Mirage. Very good show. We sat in Section 200 which I recommend anyone who sees this show....try to sit in that section or in Section 208. Angela loved the show and now aspires to be a Cirque du Soleil performer. I'm content with just watching. I still prefer "O" and "Ka" over "Love" though. FYI, right next door to Bellagio is a MASSIVE construction project called CityCenter. When CityCenter opens, there will be a new Elvis Presley themed Cirque show opening there.

Angela's lucky number is 14. She was also born on the 14th. So....Monday the 14th was the day I planned on proposing to her. That morning we had breakfast at Cafe Gelato at Bellagio. Then I talked Angela into doing a reenactment of Audrey Hepburn's "Breakfast at Tiffany's" portrait at the Tiffany & Co. store at Bellagio. Then well chilled at the insanely beautiful pool at Bellagio. Then we had a couples massage at the Bellagio spa. My first massage I've ever had in my life. No happy ending if you were wondering.

We then walked over to the Rio and checked out the final three tables of the main event of the World Series of Poker. No big name pros were left. I guess Mike Matusow got eliminated the night before.

We then had dinner at the Italian restaurant Circo at Bellagio. I wasn't overly impressed with that place. The service was top notch. The food was good but highly overpriced but I guess everything at Bellagio is overpriced.

We then went outside to watch the Fountains of Bellagio at night. I knew at 9:45PM that Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman's "Con Te Partiro (Time To Say Goodbye)" would be playing. We saw the 7:30 fountain show which was "This Kiss" by Faith Hill. As soon as that was done, I knew that I was about 10 minutes away from the moment of truth. What Angela didn't know was that not only was I about to propose to her....but that I had known the exact spot (in front of the Bellagio Fountains) and the exact song (Con Te Partiro)....years before I had even met her.

Anyways, the song started and then that is when I started to get really nervous. That is when I started opening my camera bag and taking out the little blue box from the grocery store plastic bag. Then about halfway through the song, I'll pulled the box out and started nudging her in the side with it. She thought I was just poking her to tell her "pay attention to this part of the fountain show". I kinda had to make her look down at the box I was holding.

She told me afterwards that she recognized the blue box as soon as she saw it and knew that it was an engagement ring inside. I let her unwrap the white bow. Then I opened up the blue box and put the ring box in my hand. I asked her directly into her ear (since the music is too loud for her to hear me otherwise), "Will you marry me?" Then I dropped down to one knee, opened the black ring box and presented her with the ring that I hoped she liked as much as I did. She said yes and then took the cheapo ring off the middle finger of her left hand. Then I put her engagement ring on her hand. I timed it right so that we could see the climactic end of the fountain show.

Then we walked back into Bellagio and I made her pose with her ring in front of Tiffanys, where I had purchased her ring (in Massachusetts). We then went inside the store for the first time together and didn't feel uncomfortable like every other time we walked into an expensive store where we knew we wouldn't buy anything.

Angela tried on the Novo wedding bands and it looks perfect on her hand with the Novo engagement ring. The saleswoman had her try on two wedding bands stacked onn both sides of the engagement ring and Angela really liked how that looked. So....I might as well buy stock in Tiffany and Co. since pretty much all of my money will be going there in the future.

The next day was a relaxing day in Vegas if there is such a thing. Angela won $150 on the roulette tables (beginner's luck) and I lost $200 on the roulette tables and video poker.

Leaving Las Vegas is always sad....but it was especially sad this trip since it was a life changing trip. Angela was bummed to leave also. But she kept reminding me that at least we are leaving as fiancees.

This was Angela's first time in Las Vegas and I am 100% positive that there will be many more.

Here are some pictures of our trip...
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Andrew.Stack/LasVegasProposalJuly13ToJuly162008?authkey=ZBzy3gQ2v-c

Here is a video of the Bocelli fountain show from our room....
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=vsvxnK8LT8g

Here are pictures of the ring...
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Andrew.Stack/TiffanyNovo

2. Congratulations!!! You two look great together. Tell Angela her ring is awesome. You did an excellent job picking it out!!

Hope you all have a wonderful life. I really enjoyed your trip report and the pictures were an extra bonus.

Thank you for sharing and best wishes for a happy marriage.

MsWhitt

3. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CONGRATS!!!!!! are ya'll going to get married in vegas?

4. sunni

sunni VIP Whale

beautiful ring

A- Nice job on picking out the ring, Congrats !:thumbsup:

5. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! Great pics, too -- really enjoyed seeing them. Thanks. :thumbsup:

6. michigander

michigander Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BRAVO

Congratulations on the engagement.
    Nice report and pictures.

I wish you many, many happy trips to Vegas celebrating your anniverserys.

7. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats. That's definetly a trip to remember. you two make a great couple.

8. mbnortherngirl

mbnortherngirl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a wonderful engagment story. Wishing you both health and happiness.

9. rlombardi2000

rlombardi2000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very well done - the trip, the proposal, the ring and the TR. Congratulations and best wishes for a happy future together.

10. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Way to Go! Congratulations on your engagement. Thanks for your TR.

later, GVJ

11. AStack75

AStack75 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wedding....probably not. Bachelor party.....HELL YEAH!!!

12. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a sweet romantic guy! And what an awesome ROCK!
    She is a lucky girl!

[​IMG]

13. kodidog

kodidog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beautiful Ring, Beautiful Trip, Beautiful Couple....!

Now, you are getting married the 14th of what Month? ;-)

14. rje

rje High-Roller

Great report.. Congrats!

15. ghetto71

ghetto71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR and pics. Congrats on the engagement.:peace:

16. VegasGirl80

VegasGirl80 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another magical moment from another satisfied Vegas customer!

Congratulations to you both on your upcoming marriage and the beautiful engagement memories. Thank you for sharing it with us.

17. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report!! Congrats on the Engagment, how awesome...Bocelli and Tiffany's~~does it get any better than that!!! I have been trying for the last few days to pull up the Tiffany site but for some reason it won't, I wanted to see a close up of the ring!! It looks gorgeous on her hand by the way, can't wait to see the band!

18. Lorraine

Lorraine Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow very exciting and romantic. Congrats!

19. AStack75

AStack75 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try this...
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Andrew.Stack/TiffanyNovo?authkey=V80FRKuMCVI

20. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beautiful ring!! Many happy memories of Vegas and your life together to come!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.