1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Attire for Le Cirque or Picasso

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by frankelthepirate, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankelthepirate

frankelthepirate Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know... dumb question. But would I feel out of place in khakis and a dress shirt? We've been to Delmonico in shorts before (it's vegas and 110 F so I generally don't care), but the two above-mentioned seem a bit nicer.

I can throw a jacket in the bag if necessary. Just curious.

Matt

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I went to Le Cirque a few years back the dress code was specifically stated as "jacket required". You should call them directly if you want to make sure of what their current policy is. I personally would never go into an upscale restaurant in anything less than a dress shirt, dress pants and shoes (and a jacket for the fancier ones) no matter how hot it was...

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very interesting...website says: "Business Casual (no shorts or athletic attire)".

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
  4. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Cirque used to require a jacket, but doesn't anymore. however, it's still most appropriate. when i take my friends there, i make sure they pack a jacket. but i've seen people dining in dockers and a polo shirt, so they're pretty lax these days.

5. shiny

shiny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, bring a jacket with you if you will go to Picasso. We've been to Picasso several times. It is an elegant fine dining place. Women usually dress up, while men wear suits or with a jacket.

You need to make reservation as early as you can, and ask for a table by the window for a great view of the Bellagio fountain show. After dinner, you can go to Picasso's private terrace and enjoy the cool breeze & fountain show right in front of your eyes. It's just romantic and joyful.

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These are very nice places so obviously you want to look your best.

Something like this should work fine.

[​IMG]

7. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This topic always seems to get people hot and bothered!

No restaurant on the Strip requires a jacket for men -- not even places fancier than the two restaurants you mentioned. You won't be out of place if you wear decent long pants (khaki or otherwise), a dress shirt, and decent shoes.

8. Stryk

Stryk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am dining at Le Cirque next Thursday. My wife and I are having the same debate about whether I should wear a jacket or not. We are staying at Venetian and plan on spending the day at Bellagio/Aria and finishing up with dinner and "O". I don't know if I want to have a jacket with me the entire day.

9. Boone

Boone Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They won't give you the boot it you have on slacks and a nice shirt. As long as you don't feel out of place I wouldn't worry about it. My guess is that the majority of people will have a jacket. I always wear one but wouldn't care to do LeCirque without one. Picasso - I would wear a jacket.

You will love Le Cirque - my favorite.

10. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a pretty nice night in Vegas. I would wear a jacket regardless but to make your wife happy? I would definitely go with a jacket!

11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bad move. never debate something as trivial as this with your wife. do what she wants and you'll be much happier and save the debate for something that actually means something.

12. frankelthepirate

frankelthepirate Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Didn't expect to get this many opinions.

The first thing I'll do is try on my jackets and make sure I'm not too fat to fit into one of them. I'm a doctor and I wear scrubs almost every day... weight seems to sneak up on you when you're wearing drawstring pants. I think I've settled on LeCirque after looking at the menus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.