1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Anyone else excited for Wynn Plaza?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by AshleyDice, Aug 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is just not true. There is plenty of excitement over the new Boyd loyalty program. Just not good excitement. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm rarely a high end shopper unless I'm getting something specifically for my daughters who always have a list. :eek:
    But I do take 'short' breaks from slots to get exercise so I always enjoy doing the looky loo thing. New restaurants are always an attraction and plan to give it a try next year. Such high expectations for anything Wynn so hoping it succeeds.

Thanks @AshleyDice for the information - glad to hear it will open for your next trip!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, definitely agreed. It took a while for Bellagio to hit the skids before MGM’s corporate culture, mismanagement and penny pinching overwhelmed the place (and Mirage and TI). The staff and residual culture kept the decline gradual. With Wynn now there is no hostile corporate Goliath like MGM, so the decline will be more gradual and drip, drip, drip. The appointment of Phil Satre to the board of directors tells you all you need to know that Cramer is right and things will likely decline. Indeed, who the heck thinks that Wynn will be better for guests without Steve Wynn? The best we can hope for is “doesn’t go down the drain.”

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This man right here knows how to Vegas!!

:beer:

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. RPMCanes

RPMCanes VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm always interested in their new offerings, since everything is so visually exciting.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AshleyDice

AshleyDice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like most people in this board don't like shopping in Vegas! I don't like shopping anywhere ... but the Wynncore stores are different. Where else can I try on a 40k watch and look at the latest handbags from Europe? A good fraction of their stores don't exist elsewhere in the States, even in Cali's high end malls.

I've never bought anything but it's always a fun experience! :love:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No

• Like Like x 1
  8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you don't like shopping in Vegas either.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. AshleyDice

AshleyDice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I take discount shopping to its logical conclusion.

• Like Like x 2
  10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Not that we don't like shopping in vegas, just that most of us don't go to high end stores to pay (what we feel are) outrageous prices for stuff.
    I don't even bother going into the high end shops at the strip hotels.

But I think it's because I'm a guy, I don't know too many guys who are into the high end shops.

11. AshleyDice

AshleyDice Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you have good self insight ;) Most of those stores are aimed at women, and being contemptuous of women's interests can be a bad look. Keep being you :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may have to hand in my guy card because I really like the black and gray checkered stuff in the Louis Vuitton men’s store in Wynn. I like it, but I’m just too cheap to buy it. Over the years Mrs. Johnny has gifted me a wallet, a cool little thing called a “pocket organizer” (terrific Vegas wallet-just room for key, ID, player card and folded wad-o-cash) and a key chain. That’s my luxury bonanza from Louis.

I will say that I used to wear out a Coach wallet about every two years, then buy another. My Louis wallet is an every day carry for me for the last six years and still looks exactly like the day I got it-no signs of wear at all. When I stupidly broke a little clasp on my keychain I took it in to see if it could be fixed or refurbed (like the purses)-it was two years old and I admitted fault. They just went in back and brought out a new keychain and gave it to me without hesitation. My point is that after years of being a skeptical “guy” about Louis Vuitton, I’ve learned they make really good, durable stuff and their customer service is excellent.

I’m not sure Mrs. Johnny would leave the house for Vegas without her Louis “Never Full” bag. She’s dragged that thing around for years, out to the pool, floors of airplanes, over stuffing, general abuse-still looks pretty good. I don’t say a discouraging word about Louis.

Of course, there’s already enough Louis Vuitton at Wynn, and more luxury shops won’t get my interest. Mrs. Johnny? She might be in some of those places and she likes to look, but she’s a reasonably tough sell.

I think AshleyDice gives good advice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok I admit it.....Johnny, you're making me think about going in the LV store with my bride for my 64 birthday present...:whistle:

• Like Like x 3
  14. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried on a $75,000 Audemars Piguet at the Venetian.

I saw a $15,000 wallet at the Gucci store..

It's everywhere in Las Vegas now, which I think is what kind of makes it "ho hum" for most people, to see yet again another high end promenade that they can't afford to shop at...

but I will say it makes for good time wasting or break taking from the machines and tables.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. NPLV

NPLV VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info...I'm always excited when new things arrive in Vegas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suspect they only have to make a couple of sales a day to cover the rent/staff/etc costs.

I wonder how much of their income also comes from gift vouchers given to Whales.

17. philvie

philvie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't really care about this, don't know why I even responded to this thread either, I'm bored I guess.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Burnsie

Burnsie VP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. What VP bar has the best chairs for my lumbago?

19. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I shop only at Ross while in Vegas as we have no stores at home. More high end shopping is of no interest.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Count de Monet

Count de Monet High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, and that's why I am an ex shareholder. I think the shopping area expansion craze is well on the tail end of the trend. Vegas has always been a "follow the latest" town to the point of ridiculousness. Think about it, family friendly attractions, magic shows, topless shows, cirque shows, celebrity chefs, bottle service clubs, etc. Usually the late comers to the party are very disappointed. With Steve's departure as well, it's a rudderless ship going in the wrong direction.

• Agree Agree x 3
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.