1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any Trader Joe's shoppers here?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by surf87, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awww.... Drats!! That's our favorite store to pick up stuff before heading back home! Now I gotta learn how to get to that new location.

3. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha-ha, I feel the same way Electro. And having to learn the layout of another store. I live in Los Angeles and I live about 5 miles away from a Trader Joe's but when I'm in Las Vegas with family/friends they like to go to the Decatur location and I know the layout of the Decatur location. Humbug now I gotta learn the layout of another location.

4. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We would use the Decatur location also. Centennial hills is too far for us. We occasionally will go by a Henderson store. I'll have to look up the others see what's close to Rhodes Ranch.

TomTWI

Edit: there is one near Red Rock looks like the best option for me.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rats. I always stopped off at the Decatur TJ's when I first get into vegas. Usually to pick up bottled water but also to pick up snacks. Guess it got too expensive to rent in that strip mall.

Too bad, the Henderson TJ's is too far out of the way and the centennial one is kind of far away also.

Glad they aren't closing that store soon. I will be in vegas this coming Monday and TJ's is one of the first places I will be visiting after I get in.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just, FYI, there is a trader joes in summerlin already. 7575 W. Washington Ave. My bro told me about it. It is a smaller store but closer than Henderson or N. las vegas.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they closed that one down since the new one isn't very far from this one.

7. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We visited the Summerlin Trader Joe's this past March trip. We were in the area. They seemed to have all the stuff the Hawaii people like to take back home, tell the truth my wife is the one that knows what to pick up for our family and friends, I have no idea. I just eat em. I remember we went to a TJ's one trip (Henderson side?) and they didn't have too much of the stuff we like. The Decatur store was a sure thing, they always had the stuff stocked.

I do love their tomato soup, packed in a waxed cardboard carton. They have all kinds of tomato soup and I love the red pepper one and the basil one. Yum Yum!! I always worry that the carton will burst in my checked luggage and I'll have red clothes to wear. Fashion wear by TJ's Las Vegas!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) dried fruits
    2) Joe Joe's (similar to Oreo cookies
    3) mixed nuts
    4) cookie butter
    [​IMG]

9. Scooby

Scooby Tourist

I used to sell cars across the street from the Decatur location when it was Integrity Chrysler. Now I live in the community across the street from the new location. :thumbsup:

That area around the Decatur/Sahara area has been on a decline for years. Many restaurants and other businesses have closed up shop there.

10. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aldi's is the parent company for TJs and they can have similar items under their own brands. Some things are TJs exclusives but check them out to see if they can fill the void.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like TJ's but there is not one close to me. I go maybe 3-4 times a year. I have my faves, one is their rice pudding in the cooler. another, dark chocolate chunk almond cookies. maybe some fresh flowers depending on the season. I take my mother, and she grabs a cart of her faves as well.

12. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  13. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    on the subject of Aldi..... I am not above eating store brands over national brands. sometimes they can be just as good or better. I am not too picky about bottled water, but the water at Aldi seemed kind of slimy. never again.

14. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ever wonder what the bells mean?

One bell means it's time to open a new register, two bells means there's a question at checkout, and three bells calls over “a manager-type person.”

15. Electroguy563

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh Oh :oops:... last time we visited I thought it meant "ring if you received good customer service" so I rang it as we went out the door, lol!! ( they have a similar bell at Home Depot, I never rang it....)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At my local TJs, the extended obnoxious ringing usually goes along with a "Happy Birthday" yell from an older dude named Spring. Embarrassed the stew out of my 10 year old [emoji12]

17. surf87

surf87 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.