1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

And a good time was had by all!!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The family all started heading home this morn, and so another great Christmas get together winds down. And I gotta admit it's kinda nice just sitting here chilling, watching bowl games and not thinking I need to be heading back to the kitchen.

We were a small group this year -- only seven of us -- but we had a good vibe and energy going for the four days. (And truth be told, the wine racks took a pretty good hit. lol) Went to the beach twice, got in some walks, unseasonal chill killed morning golf, food was awesome -- the porchetta was killer, particularly -- laughs, no meltdowns of any magnitude and a lot of Skyping to connect with the other nodes of the far-flung family.

We ain't exactly religious here but anything that gets people to slow down, come together and realize when you wake up warm, with love around you, a good roof over your head, no civil war or sectarian violence raging, good food on the table, you're a rather lucky person.

2. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 on the sentiments.

Our Christmas was pretty quiet, also. Instead of the usual angst over how late my brother and his wife would be, and whether the turkey or whatever would still be edible, I went with a simple buffet, and put the fresh Hungarian into the skillet after he texted his ETA.

Na Zdrowie!

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen to that brutha!!!

4. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed,
    This afternoon we had my brother in law ,his wife ,one our nephews and his wife and 3 year old Mason and 9 month old Charlotte over for lunch of ziti with meatballs,salad and desserts... the youngsters had me smiling and laughing all afternoon...good times. :)

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome Christmas.
    Now that Christmas is over and the New Year is just about here you know what that means......my Vegas trip is just around the corner. :wiggle:

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, X-mas, New Years and a Vegas trip in my future, come on 2015!

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Travel is good.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  8. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How true. This is a great description of what the Holidays should mean to all of us, and our hearts and prayers go out to those who are not as fortunate.

9. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing wrong with being thankful, reflecting, or creating memories. I can't begin to imagine how diverse all of our lives are, but we can all pause to be thankful for something.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.