1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Advice Please: 2/14/15 Mid Strip

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Camp Rusty, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heynow Gamblers...

I could use some advice on getting a mid Strip Valentine's Day cheap night......not a cheap date :ssst:

We are staying at the Flaming O that whole weekend and have friends staying same dates but far away from the Strip, Sam's as I recall. Wanted to get them a one night stay that we could pay for, return favor for a hotel night in Hawaii last year. We are attending the same concerts and know we'd have fun if they didn't have to head back to their place after the show that night.

Thing is........we are pretty low rollers at those resorts, is it worth a call do you think ? When I check the date it's around two hundred + per night, not including resort fee on Kayak, Expedia, and CET and MGM sites. That rate certainly makes sense for Saturday on a holiday weekend, just wondering if I am playing it right.

Need some sage advice :beer:

Do you think I would do better waiting to see if there are some last minute deals, or book early and often ? Or both ?

Thanks everyone.
    Rusty

2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call ASAP and don't wait for any last minute deals as it's Valentines Day. CET properties won't play with you, there are a couple threads on that, but if you have any play or points at the MGM properties they may. You could also consider places just off the strip too like Tuscany, the Residence Inn on Paradise, Silver Sevens, Hard Rock, etc. Short stagger/cab ride.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ALWAYS book early because you can always cancel and book again if you find it cheaper. You are pretty close to the date, so I don't think it is going to be much better. Vegas "last minute deals" are very hit and miss. I wouldn't count on that as a likely option.

4. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would start checking now! I would bet thats a pretty busy weekend considering its Valentines Day and starting week of Chinese New Year all in one weekend. We were there for Valentines Day at Aria 2 years ago and it was pretty crowded and didnt fall on the weekend.
    Looks like Westgate (LVH) are running some pretty good specials. Everything else looks above average price.

5. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

TI?

rusty, as you know from the brooklyn bowl thread, we are there at the same time.

we are staying 12 nights, beginning on sunday the 8th. and have 5 nights free at harrahs, then have to move because they only give 5 nights at a time, so for the nights of the 13-15, we are at TI. 110-160-90....so we got 160 for valentine's night. that is a lot, after free! we were able to opt out of their resort fee by booking through the players club.

then the last 4 nights, back at harrahs, a charge each night, totalling only 89 for the 4 nights, and these stays were booked before they instituted the resort fee for platinum, so we are not getting hooked for the 25 a night.

so, valentine's night is going to be tough, may be you just need to take them to a really nice dinner pre or post show!

on a side note, relating to those concerts. i am now under the impression that the only seating, practically,for two people, is in the standing general admission area. not going to rent a bowling lane for 8 for 900 dollars plus the tickets, for us two people about your age. the private boxes are also only for a group to rent.

so, to get there early enough to get a decent spot, and then get crowded and stand for 2 or 3 hours, not gonna happen.

is there a way to get a seat in one of the bars or restaurants, and keep it for the duration of the concert, buying food and drink of course, and also with a ticket for the event, or do those seats even exist?

6. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone........as suspected it was a bit too rich for our blood, creapt in to the three hundred dollar range which seemed a hair too much.

Kitson, I really don't know what to expect from the venue. I recall hearing that there is an outdoor balcony with seating but away from the venue floor/ stage. Suspect there would be service there, no idea how the sound would be. I wonder if you could get a good idea of the layout during the day before the show, I'll probably do that so I know where to post up as I am not renting anything either :eek:

Since I am going all three nights would be happy to give you the lowdown if you are still considering going.

We went to the tour openers this weekend in Seattle, Friday was a little rough getting the sound dialed in but Saturday was a great show.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.