1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Spaghetti Car Christmas at Mandalencoresmopolitan! 12/22/22 - ???

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MCann, Dec 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 11
  2. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, so far, this has been my worst gambling trip of my life, and today was for SURE the single worst losing day I've ever had. Very sketchy. My holds both here and across all MGM Rewards properties on the trip is somewhere in the 40% range. So I'm calling it a night now unless I get ambitious and go watch Opium later. Very bad day. I dont mind losing money on a Vegas trip, but I mind very much when I get near zero entertainment value out of enough money to buy a used car. Damn.

20221228_192133.jpg

• Wow! Wow! x 14
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. maxev

maxev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh, hope things turn around.

Whenever I’ve gone straight downhill without any sort of recovery or entertainment, well, I keep going straight down.

Hope that’s not the same with you. Opium is a lot of fun and a good change of pace.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, this sucks to read when catching up.

We like to joke but I know how you feel and have been there / done that too many times.

It's so rare to have a day where absolutely nothing goes right on a trip where everything seems to be a struggle...but Lord Fuck, it certainly happens.

Take a break and go enjoy Death Valley or Zion if you have no timetable to get back to FL. It will make you feel better, believe me.

There's a shit ton around there to get into (non-gaming) that can take the mind off the sting and it's always a good idea to take a break when 'folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that'.

You know what I mean.

I just reread this and it reiterated why I never got into counseling.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Love Love x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You guys are great! I'm still having a really fun and exciting trip, but all the parts of today that involved gambling just sucked money like it was going out of style. I did not lose my upfront comps to the slots though, so I decided to just spend the evening spending Cosmo's money. So the G&T at é was so good; @Jsmile898 has been talking since we ate there about how she wanted another one of those G&Ts that came at the end with my wine pairing. I was pretty sure it was Hendrick's gin, but not 100% sure. BUT.... I had the brilliant idea a while back that hey, that came from the bar at Jaleo probably, so we went in there this evening, and I told the bar tender I dunno what's in it or if they have a special name for it, but they serve it at the end of every meal at é, and it would be awesome if he could make us that exact drink. He wasn't familiar so I guess some of the é staff actually made them for the dinner service and the bartenders dont actually know the drink, but he said "I can ask." He disappeared for just a quick second, and came back with someone I recognized as part of the é staff, and she walked him through it, and we got them!!!

So, mystery solved: it's a giant cube of ice, glass filled almost 1/3 with Hendrick's Gin, lime slice covering the top of the ice cube, 5 cloves, lemon peel wedge placed atop the lime, mint sprig placed on top of that, and fill to just below the top of the ice cube, so it doesnt float and or topple, with fever tree tonic. I think it would be even better with the Yuzu Lime fever tree, but I squeezed my lime in mine and it tasted how I remember. So there; glad I could elucidate the mystery dessert gin and tonic from é, and now we can all make it at home! Also drank them, thanks Cosmo! Amazingly, they only charged me $20 a pop for them. What great service!

20221228_201001.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 15
    • Love Love x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Soooooooo very relatable! Fucking cows.

images.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  7. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I'm chilling, watching Rick & Morty and drinking. But taking breaks to appreciate this view! Going to try and just go to sleep, got an early morning tomorrow getting more cash, hopefully having Wicked Breakfast, then make it to ElCo by 10 for the craps meet!

20221228_213709.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 3
  8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Op1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Timothy

Timothy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, what a bad day gaming-wise.

But yes, we have all been there… You’re due a major upswing!

It’s about time I’m back!
    Leg 2 of 4 - show me the new Rio!
    • Agree Agree x 4
  10. DegenasaurusRex

DegenasaurusRex Rage,rage against the dying of the light

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for the shit show gambling but at least everything else has been good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. VaDreamer

VaDreamer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dang! Sorry about the gambling being so uncooperative. I've had trips like that where I find myself counting what money I have in the safe to make sure there's enough for the cab to the airport for my flight home. Trips like that make me ponder why I go back. :) I wonder sometimes if visiting Vegas during holidays and/or traditionally busy dates makes any difference in the slot holds? I know it's all supposed to be random number generation, but having experienced horrible results during those times, it does make me go "hmmmm". Hope things turn around for you today. Have fun at the Craps meet and best wishes for a happy and safe new year.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New day! New attitude!

Now that we have refreshed and are ready to win, this is really how I thought of replying initially (don't hold it against me as there was no ill-will intended).

Truly a sight to behold...a man beaten.
    The once-great champ...now a study in mawkishness.
    No longer the victory-hungry stallion we've raced so many times before but a pathetic, washed-up, aged ex-champion.

Good luck down at The Co'!!

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My money is on a @MCann epic triumphant return to fluidity of one sort or another.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've all been there, in my case more often than not (albeit with table games). That being said, whilst there's other things to do in Vegas, those sentiments generally don't help when you're getting killed at the tables lol.

Hopefully today will be a different day, and like you mentioned, it's not necessarily winning as much as being able to get some legitimate play for your money so here's to a new day with hopefully more cooperative machines. Either way, at a minimum hope you're able to have some fun.

• Like Like x 6
  15. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Goooood morning!

20221229_070158.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 4
  16. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always hear people say "there's more to do in Vegas....." You are not one of them @MCann, get your "perfectly good white boy ass" up, shake off this idea of going to the library and reading a free newspaper, grab yourself a couple of bloody marys with a couple of buckets of beers, maybe go find @FormallyTD 's favorite alley to smoke in and get your gambo on. Better yet, go back to MB, put $300 in @JaDubya 's never fail (at least for me) $5 top $ machine after pounding that booze.

Or not, wtf do I know?

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you will, kindly direct me to where I can find said money? :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. MCann

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree totally. I've had an amazing trip other than the gambling on 4 or 5 of my 8 days. And it was really sad checking in for my flights a few minutes ago *tear*

• Like Like x 3
  19. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why does it seem like Cosmo slots are always feast or famine? Either everything I touch turns to gold or I have a day like you did. Hope they loosen up for you today!!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  20. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh sorry about the gaming, but Cosmo is alway a kick in the teeth for me. Yet I keep paying for that view!

Thanks for sharing the gin cocktail recipe! Just what I need, a dessert gin lol.

I am very much on Team Yuzu these days, so I’m gonna try the tonic water you mentioned. Lately I’ve been drinking these very silly yuzu jelly cocktails - pretty childish, kinda gross at first, but if you like boba teas, they grow on you!

3E0ACD02-C58F-45C2-B88C-F8906F51A6FE.jpeg

Here’s to an amazing remainder of the trip!!

Rooftop pool at the Cal!
    I'm not paying!
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.