1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

2022 Mlife/MGM Rewards Program Changes

Discussion in 'Comps' started by smooth899, Dec 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jascarter

jascarter Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at Park MGM and NY NY they now have Platinum and Noir only lines at the cashier.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AK Eric

AK Eric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's weird, it was at the top of the page a couple hours ago (either the tier benefit page or the main page) but it's down now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. AK Eric

AK Eric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I meant specific to gold because it's more equivalent to diamond or diamond+. Good to know they have expedited lines though since I'll have platinum through the rest of the year.

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One thing that would add value to Gold and up would be if they end up making resort fee waivers contingent on it, which I hope they don't.

I also don't use the soft tier benefits, so I've never really cared about tier at MGM. But even for people who do, it's hard to justify stretching your gaming budget much to reach Gold, never mind by 3x if you used to only barely make it.

5. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are slot dollars based on theo or coin-in? I am leaning toward theo, but in the middle of this thread JulianC posted that it was based on coin-in and not theo, but that data point could have been updated in the last 2 months.

I ask because Beau Rivage has a multiplier on Sundays for Slot Dollars and I will be able to play only about 3 hours under this promo during my 4 day junket. So would I be better off playing $5 a spin on a dollar or a penny machine during this promo. I will be playing both during my stay.

6. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's based off theo.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not all penny machines are set to the same hold % and not all dollar machines are set to the same hold % and from my measurements in April, you can't even say with total confidence that the hold on a given penny machine is higher than the hold on a given dollar machine.

Let's say you go with an assumption that a penny slot hold is 12.5% and a $1 slot is 10% (or less)

I found in Vegas MGM is paying about 2.5% of theo in base Slot Dollars.

On the penny slot, if you do $4,000 coin-in, you generate $500 in theo and get 2.5% of that in Slot Dollars, or $12.50.

If you play the dollar slot, you generate $400 in theo and get $10 in Slot Dollars.

If you want to know which of X number of slots will generate more Slot Dollars, run $100 through each. Whichever one gives you the most TCs will also give you the most Slot Dollars.

The 2.5% figure applies to Vegas. I don't track the regionals, so I don't know if they are using the exact same formula. The 2.5%-of-theo formula may not match at Beau, but I think the concept of whichever machine gives you the most TCs will also give you the most Slot Dollars should hold up.

But if Slot Dollars are in fact still based on coin-in at Beau, then I would play the one that gives you FEWER TCs, because it's going to have a lower hold %.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  8. zoobrew

zoobrew VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. Won't make a big difference if I get the more likely 2-3x multiplier, but if I got lucky and got 20x I want to make the most of it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah for a 2x or 3x it's barely worth thinking about, but for 20x, it would be.

Also I may have kinda overcomplicated things - if your goal is points and the machines you want to compare display accumulated points right on the machine, obviously you don't have to use TCs to calculate which one gives you more points, lol.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.