1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rebooking stays at Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by VegasGroove, Aug 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question for the MGM Property Vets on the board, do rates usually fluctuate? I am ready to pull the trigger at MaBay or Signature and have noticed rates for both are lower than last week. Wondering if I should just book or is there a chance the rates will go even lower. Also, how convenient is it to cancel/rebook? I do the cancel/rebook dance with Dollar with every reservation, so I don't mind it!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rates fluctuate all the time.
    If the rate looks good, book it now.
    Keep watching and call to get the newer rate if they go down.
    It can be done very easily on the phone.

3. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot to add that it is a lot easier to change if you book direct with the hotel.
    Using a third party or online travel agency can make it tougher.

4. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm an MGM guy, and I check rates religiously -- for various dates, even when I have no trip planned. Just part of my Vegas compulsion. The rates for various MGM properties do tend to fluctuate a lot. I do two things, particularly if I have a trip approaching: I check the online rates through MLife on a daily basis to see if there's a difference, and then once or twice before the trip? I'll call VIP services and see if they can't offer me something better.

It is extremely easy to cancel and re-book, particularly over the phone. Never had any issues at all. Even if I find the cheaper rate online and don't want to hassle with re-booking? I've had hosts do it on the phone no problem at all for the online rate.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you book online with the hotel, it's easy to book one reservation and rebook a second/cancel the first. They have a link at the bottom of the reservation page that says "Guest Services." that link takes you to a page where you can cancel your existing reservation if you need to do so.

I personally don't like talking on the phone, so I always do it this way:
    1. Book the original reservation (making sure that it can be cancelled and refunded.)
    2. Look for a better deal or offer and book a second reservation
    3. Follow the Guest Services link and cancel the first reservation.

The key is to make sure the reservations that you have are booked DIRECTLY with the hotel and that they are refundable. Always check the small print for that info. I've cancelled/rebooked some hotel stays 8-10 times as I found lower rates or added perks to the room offers.

6. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, everyone! Yes, I will book directly through my account with Mlife. No 3rd party ressies for me!

Great, I will book and watch the rates daily (like I do with Dollar!).

7. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea, book direct then you can cancel :)

Check your Mlife account, I gamble the most at MB and they send me little offers all the time (I'm not at the comped level, but certainly heavily discounted, and involve some resort credits). They seem to be booked solidly with conventions lately! I'm find it hard to find a good deal there.

8. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked our MB offer 3 times. Started with 1 free night and additional at 29.00 plus \\cabana credit.
    The rebooked for an additional free night and 29.00 additional nights with a nice resort credit .
    Finally rebooked for a final time when we got an offer for 2 free nights, additional at 29.00 and a free suite upgrade, resort and cabana credits. Cabanas can now be booked through VIP services and billed to room. Used to be a separate phone number and credit card hold! Yeah for progress!

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check the monthly rate calendar and you will see rates all over the place. And, they change often.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.