1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Visited Cromwell for the first time. I've NEVER had such good drink service

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by matti, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alexanbo and I were playing at the bar tops there and got unreal service as well. Top shelf without asking and numerous requests that we do some shots that they were just making up. Their service probably had something to do with the earliest night in Vegas I had ever had. After stabbing BeeeJay with my steak knife for drinking my wine I left downtown at 10:30 and was in bed by 11PM on the Friday night lol

2. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We spent a few hours there July 6th before reservations at Giada's. We sat at the bar for some VP and drinks. My wife couldn't decide on a drink and was leaning toward a strawberry Daiquiri. The bartender, Tracy I believe, suggested a strawberry martini which was great. I switched over as well. Bartenders were friendly, joking with us and each other. We had a ball playing VP. From there we moved to the HL area which has limited $5 VP and was a little boring. Finally ended up on 0.25 ten play on the floor and hit for $2000.

Giada's was great and we will return. Afterwards we were too full and tired to keep playing so moved on. So, I sure liked my visit and we will try it again on our next trip.

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
  3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL. We thought it smelled like BBQ sauce and hickory smoke. It's definitely a smokey BBQ smell that permeates the place.

4. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It smells like...........................VICTORY!!!

5. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we were there two weeks ago we were playing slots and were approached by a woman with an ipad who took our drink order and then said please don't move very far from the slots you're playing and your drinks will be here. It was about three minutes later and the cw came with our drinks.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes they started that at rio around 2 years ago it works great the ipad service great idea more places should do it

7. Shauncho

Shauncho Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the smoke smell, but there was an underlying smell that made my stomach turn. Hope that goes away because otherwise, I quite liked the Cromwell.

8. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another shout out for great service at the Cromwell....the $150 voucher that showed up in my TR account before we left was what got me there, and thanks to the $750 in freeplay I have I will most likely stay there in our next trip or two...

9. eviliciouz

eviliciouz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't wait to visit The Cromwell!

10. jercheer22

jercheer22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope the great service isn't just because it's new.... I'm looking forward to trying out Cromwell Sept 28th!!

11. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think so, i think the Cromwell "newness" will never wear off. The Cromwell is tiny compared to big mega resorts.The Cromwell is on the upper end of the CET scale. CET is catering to what SLS is hoping to do, but in a prime location. Swim and be seen and drink away high above the Strip, then in the evenings gamble and dance away, and also be seen, at Drai's till ungodly hours.

The Cromwell will continue to be known for having great service, a happy Giada, the finest CW's on earth, and everything else impeccable..........because the Cromwell is a little bitty speck on the wall of decadence that Caligula would give a rousing thumbs up to.

I'm too old to be a 20/30 something, but when i go back to Cromwell in 3 weeks............i can still dream......can't i?

12. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am looking forward to seeing if the place lives up to the hype. I plan on carving off part of my bankroll for an evening there of gaming with a friend, along with dinner reservations at Giada next month.
    Although I don't think I fit into the club crowd there, the rooms look nice enough to take a mid week comp and move over to another property before the weekend CA crowd rolls into town.

It will be curious to see what kinda of impression Cromwell makes in comparison to SLS since I am staying there one night before labor day and visiting both properties during the same trip. I still think the name "Cromwell" kinda sucks
    but the visual appeal of the place is impressive.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.