1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas 110K Loyalty points - what best to use for?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Clara, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clara

Clara Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,

We will be in Vegas for 4nights in Mid Sept. This will probably be our last visit for maybe another yr or 2.

This is our 4th Visit. We have seen all the big Cirque shows - 'O', Love, KA & Zumanity. We have booked our room. We are in our early 30's and enjoy having fun. We enjoy cocktails, whiskey (being Scottish - it essential lol) and seeing new things.

What would be the best things to try and purchase with these points?

How do we redeem them? We have previous purchased 'KA' tickets and we had to wait till in Vegas to call (expensive to call My Vegas from UK). Do you have to call to redeem all rewards?

Thanks

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to call for show tickets and hotel rooms. All of the other things you take the confirmation number to the mLife desk at the hotel to get the reward placed on your card.

3. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally I like the $50 Monte Carlo food credit best--though difficult to procure, you need to be on right at 7AM Vegas time as they reload between 7-720 daily; you may need to copy & paste email address ahead of time then click back & forth between the reward listing & the page that allows you to click "NEXT" to get it.
    I also like the $25 at Nine Fine Irishman--Mom & I had nachos (huge) & beer cheese dip & 2 beers & it cost us only $15 more, including tip.
    Buffets are a good value--Aria, Bellagio & Mirage get the best reviews, the others seem to be average at best (and some don't like these)
    Monte Carlo picnic at the pool is a good value as well.
    Some prefer the BOGO rewards as they use fewer LPs, but if you are limited to 3, why pay more cash if you can get free? Now that being said, BOGO could have a place to round out purchases.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where will you be staying?

5. Clara

Clara Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for replies. Times difference is 8hrs so a good time for me to access, no need to worry about being up early to catch the ones that get sold out quick.

We are staying at Monte Carlo as it was great deal on a UK website and we are meeting up with family who arrive a couple of days before us (Their 1st trip and they had a tight budget). Never stayed at MC but like location and access to other hotel area with tram. We loved staying at Mirage last trip.

6. adambr2

adambr2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip we got 2 free buffets each at Luxor, Excalibur, and Circus Circus. I found all of them to be perfectly adequate, but they were all breakfast buffets -- I can't speak for the dinner buffets.

The environment at Circus Circus was a little more trashy, but the food was fine. I thought Luxor was very good and Excalibur the best of the 3. 6 buffets total = over $100 saved.

But maybe I'm just not very particular about buffet food.

7. adambr2

adambr2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To answer the original post, it would depend on what you intend on buying anyway. To me it's about most bang for your buck. The $50 freeplay for 100,000 LP sounds great, but if you're going to pay to stay at Luxor, for instance, why not just use 96,000 LP on a weekend comp room and save $100 and use that instead of the free play? You mentioned you're already staying at Monte Carlo, so I'm just illustrating the idea here.

Would you probably eat a buffet every day, whether it's a reward or you're paying for it? Buffets, hotel rooms, and shows IMO are all the best bang per LP. Hotel prices can vary greatly depending on the dates and quality of the place. If you are going to drop a few hundred dollars on a room and can save the most by comping a night, that might be the most cost-effective, even if you have to use whatever is left on a couple of BOGO's or other reward under 5,000 LP.

Since your room is already paid for, I'd probably just get some reasonable costing 2'fer buffets to save the most. But that's just me. Aria has a 7,500 bottom beverage with the purchase of a buffet that might be good.

8. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind that the Monte Carlo $50 food credit is level locked to level 80. You can't purchase it until you are level 80 or above.

-Max

9. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know many people turn their nose up at Excallibor, BUT...we got the $50 steakhouse credit last year, and the place was fantastic. My BF is a steak snob, and he said it was the best steak he has had in vegas. I got the meatloaf dinner off of the prix fixe menu and it was heavenly. Just my 2 cents worth.

Yearly trip
    Part two
  10. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you enjoy buffet's that would be my choice. Try to grab one of the 2 buffet rewards so you can have a completely free meal (minus the tip of course). MGM's dinner buffet was easy to get. Aria's lunch was always sold out.

Otherwise maybe the Luxor steak house? It's $75 off but you have to spend $150. $150 should cover 2 people from what I can tell by looking at their menu.

11. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monte Carlo has a Whiskey Tasting (22,500 points) and also a Cognac tasting (19,500 points) - I haven't seen any reviews on either one, but that certainly sounds like something a little different. Since you liked the Mirage before maybe you'll visit again - you can get the lunch buffet for 2 for 61,500 points. Or do all of the above! Have a great trip!

- Linda in TX

12. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we were there in April and used the breakfast buffet comp to Mandalay Bay- we got there at 10-10:30 on a thursday and there was no line. lots of breakfast food then at 11 am or so it changed over to lunch. there were some bare spots for a while but eventually all the food was lunch. we left full and happy and were not hungry the rest of the day- great view of the pool/gardens area too!! Show your M Life card to get in the fast line!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.