1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Golden Gate coupon experience??

Discussion in 'Comps' started by 63hearts, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 63hearts

63hearts Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    deals.jpg

Can anyone attest to the smoothness or lack of when redeeming these coupons?? Did you have to pay the resort fee on the free nights??

What format was the free play??

thanks

2. Oxygenator

Oxygenator Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had zero issues booking my offers there, never had blackout dates. No resort fee either.

I've always had free slot play, but always run it through video poker.

3. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I remember correctly, they give you chips at the Club desk when you turn in your voucher. For $50 they will give you two 'free play' $25 chips.

You get the restaurant voucher at the Club desk as well. You don't get change back from the voucher so if you're just going to Du-pars for a piece of pie, just ask for a $10 voucher.

The Club desk is rarely busy (they hire enough staff to serve their customers) so the coupons are really easy to use. It's always a bonus when you can use two of those offers on the same trip.

4. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at the Gate several times on their free room offers...never paid a cent...no fees...nada.
    All I had to do for my free play was to punch in my 4 digit pin code and load in my free play.. no problem.
    I usually eat at Dupar's and charge the bill to my room; they apply my food credit to the bill when I check out. Again, never had a problem.
    Some people get the $25 promotional chips with their room offers. They are play til you lose chips. I've had several people at the BJ table get upset because they couldn't break the $25 chip for a lower denomination (for $5 chips).

5. xan51090

xan51090 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you have to be booked in the hotel in order to use the meal comps and/or the free play?

6. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used the Dupar's coupon without staying at the Golden Gate. Usually stop in for pancakes on a day that I'm downtown (get them with the butter on the side). I don't recall using the free play coupon when not staying there but I probably have. They're very good about not playing any games with you and standing by their hospitality.

First Birthday Trip
    First Birthday Trip
  7. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, you can get the food at the players club without staying there. The free play is already on your card and you don't need to even visit the players club

8. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the same offers exactly - with the $50 free chip as well.

When I went in April, I went to the player's club to get the food voucher (as mentioned), and then to the cashier for the two $25 free play chips.

I asked the Pit Boss if they expire (the big yellow $25 chips), and if I could use them on my next trip. He didn't seem to have a problem with it - I mentioned how I will probably have $100 in free play chips next time, and he wasn't concerned.

Never stayed at the hotel, simply got the free chips and $25 food voucher. I've done this twice in the past 7 months, with no table play (I did run some money through a few slot machines though - unsuccessfully).

All this was done without any problems or questions asked - very simple and easy!!

9. OhioGuy

OhioGuy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's one of the easiest coupons to use. Free rooms no resort fee. The food comp just go to the players club and they will give you a voucher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.