1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Firefox & weather program?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use Firefox and since their latest update, I've fastfox wx is no longer compatible. It was handy to have it on the toolbar and just be able to roll the mouse over to get temperature, radar & forecast. Didn't have to click, it just popped up once the mouse was over it.

Anybody using Mozzila have an alternative with the same features?

Thanks

2. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I use the accuweather one, same thing - it's on the toolbar. With the latest update I lost that one too but found a new version that's compatible a day later.

3. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forecastfox no longer working in Firefox 29 is the least of the problems when that browser decided to emulate Chrome! Fortunately, "Classic Theme Restorer" pretty much makes the new Firefox look like the old Firefox, and Weather Watcher Live 1.0.2.3 extension is a good substitute for Forecastfox.

I suggest quitting Firefox altogether in favor of Pale Moon (www.palemoon.org) It's build on the same open sourced code as Firefox, a bit more streamlined, and you can read about the differences on their website. In fact, other than the title and icon, I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference! Pale Moon has promised NOT to follow Firefox's new layout, and Forecastfox (as well as all the other extensions) still work. It's been my primary browser for years. Try it – you'll like it!

4. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I see that forecast Fox is the accuweather one I talked about, I found a update that is compatible with the new version, it's out there.

If you click on the forecast fox add on(which mentions it's not compatible) and scroll down to user reviews, they will have links to the updated versions that will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.