1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Went to Costco to get steak

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Came home with a TV.

Oh, and the steak.

2. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hahahaha, Costco is a dangerous place.

3. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got home from costco and I swear I can't get out of there without spending $300-400!! It's already been twice in May alone.

4. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, and I was at the one in Goleta yesterday, cruising back from San Diego. I got a "few" things for my parents' visit this weekend and that was the usual Costco three bills! lol

5. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL I was just at Costco last night and I wondered to myself if anyone has ever not left the store with more than they had intended to buy.... It's a dangerous place.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in yesterday to buy my son a bag of dried-cherries... when I got in line, the fella in front of me, who graciously allowed me to go in front of him, remarked, "isn't it against the law to only buy one-(1) item at Costco!"

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have more gum than most stores.
    Gotta stop my wife from going there on her own.

8. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't go to costco that much bit I know in a few years that will change when my 3 boys become teens and eat everything in sight....goodbye $$$

9. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken that is Costco for you! ;) I remember a couple years ago my DH and son went to Costco to get a few "food items" and he came home with a shed! A shed!!!! Do not ask me how much over-budget that trip was! :cry:

10. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I actually saw one there today and it was set up in the store that i liked for my backyard lol.

11. MTMONGO

MTMONGO High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Sam's Club yesterday to get BBQ items for weekend (pork butt & ribs) and I came home with a shed. The wife not so happy. Can't believe what she said to do with it. Today I was told, it better have ac because it gets hot in the summer.

12. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's pretty hard to walk out of that place without spending over $100. The TV I'm watching and the laptop I'm using right now both came from Costco.

13. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When i go to costco i have to go down all the outside aisles. I used to go down the middle too but not anymore lol.

I hate it when my bill is almost 2 bills and i only have 10 items. That is when i get dog items and meat items that are not cheap lol.

14. angelo

angelo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I am the same. Going to Costco for 1 simple thing and then I realize that I am staying there for at least an hour, going out with a full cart...

15. alana86

alana86 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol I wasn't sure if this was "non Vegas chat" until I read it but I was going to laugh a bit if you were in Vegas and went to buy your own steak to cook somehow :p

16. MisplacedTexan

MisplacedTexan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who is not immune to the spell of Costco. I've gone in for $1.50 hot dog and coke and come out with a buggy full of stuff. And it's even worse when we go there to actually shop.

17. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I shop there every week but I absolutely only shop from my grocery list!!!

If I see something tempting, I take a photo and send to my husband or think about it over night to see if it's something we really need/want (or so I can do more research online from home) Costco is directly on my commute between home & office & I buy gas there too....

I went yesterday and bought exactly what was on my list (and Ken, I looked but they didn't have any Viognier so I'm going to my wine store today - I did get some NZ sauv blanc though:drunk:)

18. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe it's a good thing the nearest Costco to me is 50 miles away. Needless to say, I don't shop there (never even been in one of their stores).

19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Prices and all that, what really stands out for me at Costco is service and the appurtenant goodies. Don't like something? Take it back. No one even bats an eye. Need a rental car? Go through Costco Travel and no one (in my experiences in the markets where we rent cars) can remotely touch the price. Don't like to pay shipping? Shop costco.com. And do you balk at the annual rebate?

I've just never seen an outfit that gets customer service like Costco gets customer service. I hear it can be tough on suppliers, but that's good for members.

And you notice how the third-party providers staged across the store don't hassle you? If you want the good or service, want to ask a question, they figure as consumers you're smart enough to go see them and you're not hounded.

(Dear McHarrah'$, please take note of all points here, from what customer service means to what value truly comprises to putting shock collars on the timeshare scum.)

Now some Costco shoppers … my goodness, put out a free sample, doesn't matter what it is, could be Ex-Lax or the latest Tampax product or pate, and they'll queue up with the entire brood of seven kids plus granny and gramps and great-uncle Zeke, making rush hour on the 405 look like a breeze.

20. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    25 and 45 miles north and south, respectively. Ironically, the first is a more timely drive than when we shopped at the one "at home" where we lived in SoTraffic.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.