1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Container Park

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by npom, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen alot of people mention the container park. What is it and where is it?

2. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

It is downtown near Elco. It is a bunch of shops and restaurants; still many unoccupied stores when we were there in Oct. There is a bandstand where they probably have entertainment but we went during the day so nothing was going on. We went, we saw and probably will not return.

3. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is off Fremont. Has an actual park and shops. Looking forward to going next week, it is getting great reviews on Yelp!

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took my 25 yo son with me this past trip (4/24-4/27)... he met up with some friends downtown one evening. They spent a lot of time here... band was playing, eating BBQ in a nice, clean, controlled environment . His group enjoyed it.

5. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read places have already bailed out of it since it opened. It will be fun to check out, but I don't have much hope for its long-term viability.

6. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stopped in there on a Sat night about midnight. It was a nice, quiet, relaxed vibe kind of place. A band was playing, and it was nice to just sit outside in a park like environment and have a couple of drinks and listen to the music. I would say the average age of people there was 25 to 35. The food in the restaurants looked good, and was reasonably priced. It is not someplace I would go alone, or frequent regularly, but it was a nice change. I hope it lasts.....

7. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody has mentioned yet, but its called "Container Park" because the shops and restaurants are in shipping containers.

I think two places have closed or are closing soon, but thats not really because of the park but more because their parent company overstretched themselves financially by expanding too fast (not just opening businesses in the container park but other places Downtown as well).

8. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's slow during the weekdays but weekends are busy. Yes 1 or 2 have closed and I think one or 2 more might. Management is working to help companies fill the spots cause as summer comes electric bills will increase as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.