1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

arriving on a Saturday question

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by amk121, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I often wonder about this- with everyone that usually comes in for the weekend, would you still get a decent choice of a hotel room on the strip if you arrived on a Saturday and were planning to stay for a week? Or would you be better off staying for one night a different hotel Saturday night that you want to try then checking into your hotel you usually stay at on a Sunday once a lot of people have already checked out? Sorry if that is a a dumb question:)

2. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, there are way too many variables to give any kind of an accurate answer. You mention hotels are full, but on the other hand, prices are higher, so people are more likely to book the less expensive rooms, leaving the expensive rooms empty and available to be upgraded too.... This same question gets asked a lot about late arrivals, and will they be stuck with the worst rooms. Maybe, maybe not. YMMV.

3. easy_money

easy_money High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As Tatter mentioned, there are way too many variables to consider (ie; weather, season, month, holiday weekend or not, etc). Before I plan any Vegas trips anytime, first thing I check for is if there are any major conventions going on. This affects the supply of rooms available. But what you're thinking, I'm thinking the same too and assume the weekend is always busier than weekdays, thus making sense to check in on Sunday or on a random weekday.

4. NativeSoCal

NativeSoCal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done Saturday arrival many times.
    But, and you didn't mention this, I usually have the particular room type that I want reserved in advance.
    I haven't had trouble getting the room on a Saturday check in.

Now, if you are asking about possible room upgrades, whether it be by comp, $20 trick, etc, yes, a Saturday check in may limit that, amongst other factors as mentioned in this thread.

5. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost always do Saturday arrivals, honestly Vegas is more centered around events. A lot of your concerns will be answered if you know if there is a large convention or any major entertainment/sporting events going on that weekend/week.

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should still be able to stay at your first hotel choice: if you did arrive on a saturday and there weren't any good rooms left so they put you in a less desirable one you should be able to arrange with the front desk to move you to another room on Sunday

7. JET2VEGAS

JET2VEGAS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What website do you use to check for conventions and major events?

8. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. amk121

amk121 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This would be July 4th weekend, which is always crowded but doesn't seem as crowded as other holiday weekends..but July 4th is on a Friday this year..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.