1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

weather warning

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by longerz, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longerz

longerz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just noticed a weather warning for vegas in place at the moment whats all that about it said very strong winds :thumbsdown:

2. Steelers7

Steelers7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its about strong winds lol ...lots of sand blowing in from the desert, hazy, airplanes will be a little bouncy landing and taking off

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wind blows almost everyday in Vegas, so much so that they call 20-30 MPH "breezy". A strong wind advisory means they might be in the 40-50 mph range.

You don't notice the dust in the resort areas, but there is so much vacant desert land, when it blows that hard, it really creates problems.

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The winds were one of the few surprises I experienced after buying a home in LV. Even though I was regularly visiting the area - I'd always missed being there during a wind storm.

Then, one evening I was at the outside bar of Caesar's (next to Serendipity) and got caught in a fast-moving wind/rain storm while waiting on Absinthe. The wind was so strong the rain blew in sideways through the bar and soaked the flat screen TV's and cash registers. They had to close the bar down. I entered Absinthe dripping wet. But, a nice touch, show staff were handing out towels to patrons as they entered.

Bill

5. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been there a few times with the sand blowing in. When your not used to it, it is very odd. Sky gets some wild colors too. I've had to cover my face at least once just to keep it out of my contacts.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My second ever trip to LV I woke up to a weather alert on my phone. I assumed it was stuck on Ohio still and didn't pay it any attention. We walked out of Caesars to enjoy my morning cigar and coffee and stepped into an empty strip and 60mph winds!

The Nevada wind storms are no joke!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.