1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hotel Advice - Rock N Roll Las Vegas Marathon

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mario's Backroom, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mario's Backroom

Mario's Backroom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife wants to go to Las Vegas for the November marathon and run it with some of her friends!:thumbsup:

Based on my research and mLife promos (I'm "gold") I was able to book the Mirage for less than the promo pricing thru the marathon site. I see that the finish line is at the Mirage as well as some race activities.

Any veterans out there have any better ideas? Is the Mirage too congested? Are we better off at the Vdara or somewhere a bit removed?

Any advice is welcomed....thank you!:nworthy:

Work
    Billy Joel & Sting
  2. dodgydave

dodgydave Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The closer the hotel is to the finish line the better in my view.
    After running 26 miles all you want to do is get off your feet and lie down, not be faffing about with cabs or traffic.

3. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how congested Mirage would be, but I have stayed at Flamingo the past few years. The race ends in front of Mirage, but the first outlet is way past there, I think at the Flamingo/Las Vegas Blvd intersection, but I cut through at Flamingo. She would basically be walking a while before she is let out and can walk back to Mirage. Flamingo usually has a crowd in front, but it really isn't too bad inside. I am all about ease of getting to the hotel after the race, Mirage should be fine.

I do have to add, the race starts accross from Mandalay Bay and consider that in getting to the start. The last couple years, since it has started at one location and ended at another, I have had offers for Mandalay Bay as well and booked there too. We stayed the night before at MB. It is nice to know I can go potty, and get down there close to start time (and run back up if I need to go again, lol) There arent any porta potties that I remember the first several corrals close to the start line. I have done the race the last 5 years and am registered for this year. If you have any other questions, I would be happy to help.

4. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ran the half this past Nov...so much fun! We were at NYNY for 2 nights comped with MyVegas and the 2 nights comped at Aria with MyVegas. At the finish-line runners don't exit the finish corral until the intersection of Bellagio and Caesars and with the crowd of spectators it is hard to get back down to Mirage/flamingo/Harrah's area. It took my hubby about 30 min to go from the Miage entrance sign..he high-fived me as I finished ...to where we had our meet up place selected - we met in Bellagio/Caesars walkway. Even after running that much it was great to walk it outta down to MYNY. Any place you stay there will be crowds and hard to move around since Las Vegas blvd is closed so there really isn't a bad choice.

We went to the after party at Pure and had a blast. I contacted the host at pure and was put on the guest list so we didn't have to wait in the long general line. Danced all night even after running my butt off lol

5. Mario's Backroom

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input! My wife has talked me into the 1/2 of the 1/2...here goes nothing, but I have over 6 months to prepare! Mini, maybe we'll see you out there! Butterfly, get your hubby out there with me! Hope it's not too hot!!!:thumbsup:

Work
    Billy Joel & Sting
  6. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wife is thinking of doing this will be a good addition and excuse for another vegas trip :D

7. Mario's Backroom

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen, Brother! I'm 1000% behind it!:beer:

Work
    Billy Joel & Sting
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.