1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Minus 5

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Spottedfool, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spottedfool

Spottedfool Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is this worth the comp? I know it doesn't cover drinks but it looks like a cool play to go and visit

2. banddswig

banddswig Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Being from Wisconsin, we've been looking at ice since the middle of November, so when I'm there in May , I want to see bikinis and sunshine. More ice will come soon enough. I probably will not visit.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went and paid once, it was totally fun. I'd get the 2 person one, it's worth the cost, the only difference is the type of jaket. You get one drink with entry I believe. I think it's worth doing once.

But, keep in mind it's maybe a 20-30 minute thing then it's too cold and you gotta leave. Also no cameras or phones or anything like that come with you.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Meh. Its kind of ok once for the novelty of the thing (don't know about the myvegas comp, but I know entry used to include one mixed drink in an ice glass).

But generally there are few people there, hardly any socializing, and no one stays for long. Everyone goes in for the novelty, has their drink, and maybe pays for their picture.

5. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the reward last May that was 2 entries + 2 drinks each. We were the only ones at the MB ice bar (2 girls) and the bartender poured the drinks strong. Not sure if I would pay for the entry but drink prices on the dunked (only mixed no beer) are normal Vegas prices $12 and up. We got a cute pic we paid for and furry hoodie at the store. IMHO the rewards are getting weak so I say go for it

6. Spottedfool

Spottedfool Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love a 2 person/2 drink offer but I think i will take this one and use it when I go in a few weeks

7. Spottedfool

Spottedfool Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ok for anyone that's redeemed this how does it work? I plan on redeeming tomorrow and do I get get passes emailed to me? are they placed on my mlife card etc? basically how do I get my passes when I redeem them?

thanks

8. bclub

bclub Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not worth the time, it's a novelty. There's pressure to keep buying the overpriced drinks, and like someone else had said, there's almost never anyone else in there. I believe the fur coats were extra as well.

So yes, things made of ice is pretty cool, but I just felt uncomfortable with my date the entire time there...

9. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Utter waste of time and money IMO. We went because my wife's roommate just had to go.

10. judy

judy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a blast in the ice bar-it was really different and like nothing i had seen before, lots of fun spots to sit and a nice bartender/staff. I had a few leftover xp's to spend and this did the trick. Just print out your email and proceed to the mlife desk!

funny, you should write bardolator, because when we went we had so much fun b/c a group of 10 people also from the great state of OHIO arrived and were so lively and comical. they bought shots (which floated down a tube and out of the Bust of a frozen female form) for a couple of their friends and laughed about how the cold temps were a breeze for them having gone through the cold winter.

I enjoyed the visit and everything made of ice-benches-cave-decor- was very unique. It was free and it was fun drinking out of an ice glass. Next time i will sneak my phone in for photos. Word was the cold would freeze electronics.......not if i keep it where it's warm! :wink2:

Luxor
  11. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did the Mandalay Bay ice bar last year...2 free entries with 2 drinks each thanks to MyVegas. I am from Wisconsin and loved it. It's not really 5 below...it's 24 degrees which is a warm winter day in Wisconsin. I loved this comp...bartenders are fun...drinking drinks from glasses made out of ice is fun. Everything is made out of ice. Hell...if you can get it for free why not?:peace:

12. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The minus 5 is in Celsius, not Fahrenheit.

13. Spottedfool

Spottedfool Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wife and I really enjoyed it last weekend. Sure it's a novelty but what can I say...fun concept..good drinks and we just "chilled out" and had a few drinks

14. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No better time to check out a novelty like this when you don't have to pay! If it interests you and you have extra MyVegas coins, go for it.

15. AkainePSP

AkainePSP Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got it!! Finally! I'm so excited!! Woooo Hoooo!

Last edited: May 9, 2014
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.