1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Any Las Vegas drivers out there?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Mattwall, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm flying to San Diego this July just so I can drive to Vegas....

Just kidding, I've got a wedding to attend in San Diego. Not kidding about driving to Vegas though after! I'm very excited about it. The last time I made that drive was in my 20s on tour with my band. It's an extremely fond memory.

2. Wolfman619

Wolfman619 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Barstow may be steep, but nothing compared to Baker. Its usually 15-20 cents more there. . . . Highway robbery!:confused2:

a bit off-topic, but has anyone ever heard any rumor/proposal about a high speed rail from barstow to vegas?

3. Mattwall

Mattwall Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next time head south on I5 and head past Bakersfield. Take 223 Bear mountain Blvd through Arwin. Quite pretty especially near the boulders. It's a little longer but I love bypassing Bakersfield.

4. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lived in Monterey for 2.5 years and did the drive once and flew in the other 2 times. I'm all about comfort and convenience which does come with a price but am willing to spend.

5. Mattwall

Mattwall Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Next time head south on I5 and head past Bakersfield. Take 223 Bear mountain Blvd through Arwin. Quite pretty especially near the boulders. It's a little longer but I love bypassing Bakersfield.

6. Iceicecool

Iceicecool Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in San Diego (by the border) and I absolutely will not drive the 5 hours to Vegas. I only fly. I no longer tolerate drives of longer than 2 hours.

7. bradster57

bradster57 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Vegas almost every year since 2005, and have only flown twice.

We come from Canada and take the I-15 the entire drive down. Takes around 15 - 16 hours but great fun! Usually we'll drive through the night and have breakfast in Vegas. 2 hour nap and then it's go time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.