1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo Play and when do you see future offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by WHIVGOYTUBE, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those of you that have played at the Cosmo, at what level did you play at, to get future comp offers. Mostly interested in rooms comps, but include anything you want.

I do not care if it was Slots, VP, or Tables. What were you doing and at what level to get on their radar?

I have read it takes allot to get noticed. Then someone will chime in they have not played at the place in two years, with nominal play, and out of the blue received room offers. What's your story?

2. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did $27k coin in on video poker (quarter triple play and dollar single line), won $3k, and had an offer in hand less than 2 weeks later.

Offer: 2 free nights in Terrace Studio, $50 dining, $430 free play.

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really? Damn, I need to get more money to gamble with...

Unless you were playing some garbage like 6/5 DDB, this is a healthy amount of comps. Are you sure someone didn't sneak off with your card and played a penny slot? :evillaugh

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    serious!
    I'm thinking more like 8/5 ddb...but still...thats a HUGE offer.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nah...Cosmo's just desperate for players, it seems. There were a few threads a while back about all the crazy offers folks were getting.

I just took advantage of a fantastic offer this past Monday-Tuesday...Two nights in a Terrace Suite with a ridiculous Bellagio fountain view, $675 in promo chips (the one-and-done variety) and $100 in food credit. And up till Monday, I'd imagine my ADT at Cosmo was somewhere in the neighborhood of $100/day, tops.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A marketing offer just went out a week or so ago. I get the craptacular "2 Wicked Spoon Buffets when you book 2 nights".....yeah at damn near $250 to $300/nt. I'll go "slum it" at NYNY of Monte Carlo for that.

7. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an offer for 2 free nights and $140 free play and I am using the free nights next friday and saturday for march madness and barely played there

8. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo is my home base, I go Friday and sat night every 2 months.

I rarely get any mailers anymore. But I just use a host now.

I feel the mailers are season dependent and mostly fishing for new business.

Blackjack 150/ hr x4 hrs can get u a host.

Fk

9. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. That is surprising. Looks like I'll be there for $275-300/hr x4 hours at the end of the month. Lol..

10. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, I'm pretty sure it was 9/5 or 9/6 DDB -- nothing overly horrible for a strip property.

I forgot that when I was down a couple hundred I went and got the $100 loss rebate free play and played that through a penny slot, but you don't earn points on free play, so that shouldn't have been a factor at all with the resulting offer.

I, too, think it's likely just a "looking for new players" offer and that after I use it (April 29 & 30) I probably won't get another offer that good. We'll see!

11. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah that level is fine, they are actually hanging out in the high limit room.
    so you don't really have to "hunt" one down or go and find some office.

their computer system for keeping track is pretty exact, they track it by 0.X units for an hour. I played 3 shoes 1 on 1, and it was rated at 0.7hrs.

fk

12. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Were their rules in the HL the same/similar to Aria? Like DD, 3/2 payout, S17 etc..

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  13. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DD is hit soft 17

6 deck shoe game has it all.

fk

14. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I racked up 2000 points in one day playing video poker. Mostly 100 hand .25 and 50 hand $1 machines in the high limit room. Was down a grand, then hit a couple .25 royals and ended up around even--down a hundred I think. I got 2 free nights and 100 in free play offer coming in after about 2 or 3 weeks. Last time I racked up 1000 points and now get 2 nights Sun-Thurs offer.

15. Lastkaii

Lastkaii Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was there two weeks ago, maybe ran $2k coin-in through slots (penny slots mostly). Just got an offer today for 2 nights sun-thurs. Will not be using, hopefully the offers stay good until April.

16. mickeydfly13

mickeydfly13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I seem to get offers every month or two right around the 10th or so of the month. Pretty consistent and even if you don't use an offer, you'll get another one (probably the same type) the following month. YMMV.

17. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this might be helpful to the OP:

I just got a text from my sister. She's very excited because she just got a nice offer from Cosmo (probably her best offer ever...certainly for a top tier property).

Her Offer: 2 nights comped + $150 in promo chips

Her Play:
    Craps - $10 pass, $10 odds and $12 each on 6&8, probably 2 hours
    BJ - $15-300 (she caught a heater), probably averaged $50-75/hand for about 2-3 hours

When: March 10th thru early morning of March 11th

She never had an Identity card prior to this trip.

18. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got my new offer. I had 3 nights with 18k coin on penny to 5 dollar slots. 6 hours at table games with 100 avg bey. Per my host I earned 900 in comps so had a theo of 2700 for 3 days. My new offer for may is 5 nights and 250 fp and 100 food. I ussually get a fountain view room with the soaking tub.

19. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With these comps, I'm going to try cosmo for sure next trip. Forget V/P. I'll generate $500-1000 theo and see what happens.

20. anfurney83

anfurney83 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Talking about crazy offers, I literally played there once back in the days of the $100 promotion, maybe 2 years ago. I put in a $100 bill, played it down, got my free $100 and cashed out around $80. Out of the blue in February I got a 2 night free offer, which happened to fall in nicely with existing plans. I used that this last week, and earned around 2000 points ($3000 coin in) and will let you all know if I continue to get offers (I highly doubt it!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.