1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM upgrade offer

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by hrt4girls, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrt4girls

hrt4girls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got an offer to upgrade this morning at the MGM. We have a regular king room booked, not a west wing room, for 2 nights in April. (A Wednesday and Thursday night) We are currently at $45 a night before the resort fees. The offer was to upgrade to a spa tower suite for a total of $76 more for both nights.

We don't spend a lot of time in the room and the regular rooms seem fine to me. Am I missing out on a great opportunity if I don't take the offer? I am assuming that they want our regular room back to give to someone else at a higher rate and the one they are offering us is harder to fill.

Anyone have an opinion about if I should jump at this offer?

2. Motorcat

Motorcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    --- offer to meet them half way on the upgrade @60

3. voltron12

voltron12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it is not a huge priority for you have a great room I would not do it. This probably means they have a lot of open rooms those days, so at checkin just ask nicely if there are any free upgrades, or stick a 20.00 out and ask if there are any complimentary upgrades to that particular room. If you get it, then you got It at a 130.00 discount. If you don't get it, oh well you don't spend a lot of time in the room anyways.

4. aashleyjc

aashleyjc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the room is not that important to you, I wouldn't bother. If you like a nice room, then go for it. We received a similar offer for our one night stay in April. We had a Grand King on a comp, and received the email upgrade to the Stay Well for $19, Tower Spa for $29, or Tower One Bedroom for $49. We took the Tower Spa because we haven't stayed in the tower spa yet, and we liked that the tower spa suites are at the end of the hall.

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would you use a spa bath? or do you really want a larger room? If not then I'd reject it... it does seem like a good deal though if you have any interest.

The regular MGM rooms only have a tub/shower combo. But I found the regular rooms to be nice enough and a good size. Also most of the suites at MGM have terrible view and are on like the 4th floor so keep that in mind.

They just want you to spend more money... most of the hotels have the upgrade program now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.