1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Moving to Vegas this 22

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by cdelfr, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdelfr

cdelfr Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello. I recently signed up to this site because of moving to vegas this March 22. I'm a 27 yr old guy who grew up in the Philippines, and i've never experienced the life in Las Vegas so i am excited yet scared at the same time.

Why am i moving? To have a future.

I am a graphic artist by profession and well the economic realities of the Philippines and the hardship of finding jobs is the main reason. I've experienced allot of emotional downs both professionally and personally here in the Philippines so i am trying to move on and work for a better future.

Las Vegas is the only place i can start. I'll be staying first with my aunt, and i do hope i can move and find my own place in vegas as early as 3 months after. My long term goal is to get a masters degree and work for disney as an Imagineer in the future. My strategy is too save enough money to study for Masters and take an internship for disney, however it depends if i can do well in Vegas. I think obviously, the first main thing i need is a job. I plan to start Job hunting by the end of March.

Anyway, for those who live in Vegas and know the life and important things i should get down (even something on my first week) . I would really appreciate the info. I would like to know the places i could try visiting, the attitude of people there, if job searching is tough in Vegas compared to other states, and maybe even suggestions for work i can check on?... and maybe how good looking the women are there too (if that's ok.. lol).

2. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! I am not a Vegas local, but I am sure you will get some great advice from the many locals on VMB. Good luck in your new adventure :beer:

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey! I'm a Graphic Artist too. I don't live in Las Vegas, but, I've done some job searching in Las Vegas in the past. I'd look at all the major hotels and see if they are hiring. That is where I would start. Most of them have rather large art departments.

I like to look at a job website like Indeed.com searches all the job sites at once.

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=graphic+design&l=las+vegas%2C+nv

Job hunting is pretty hard in Vegas, they have one of the worst economies in the country... but you do have a skill, that could help you. Also several new hotels are opening and they seem to be hiring designers like SLS Las Vegas.

They will expect to see a portfolio of graphic design samples when you submit your application (like a website) and a portfolio book at the interview.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.