1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Resort fee and comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by LV_Bound, Mar 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there have been a number of questions about the Resort fee and comps and figured I would provide some info.

The past two trips (Aug 2013 and Feb 2014) were set up by our host.
    Charged many meals and and stuff to the room.
    After returning home, I sent an e-mail telling him to let me know what we own and both times it was $0.

Some people seem to say the Resort Fee won't get waved and others say it will.

The replies seem to go both ways in threads I have read and figured I would post with some additional info.
    Hopefully it didn't muddy the waters.

2. ernestoc33

ernestoc33 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on your level of play and the company. You have a host, they can waive anything for you at will. Most players that get comps, but don't have a host usually still have to pay the resort fee. I've used comps on and off the strip and its only been waived twice.

3. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What hotel?

We just got back from another trip, this time NYNY. At checkout, I called down to have our $40 resort fee waived. The guy says, "You have $39 in Express Comps, so your balance is $1". I said "whatever". This was after staying in a comped Park Ave regular room, no FP or food and earning 154,000 Tier Credits over 2 days. They are not waiving at NYNY.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  4. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are staying three night marketing comp at NYNY in April, so I guess we will have to pay the dang resort fee. :thumbsdown:

I will check the MLIFE desk to make sure or maybe ask in laws host if he could waive. They have a host, and they gamble at or below the DW and I. The problem is they play carney games and penny slots and I play craps. So there theo is probably a lot higher.

5. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are playing at a level where all of your food is being picked up, no place in town is going to charge you a resort fee. That is the first/easiest thing for a host to pick up.

6. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With a personal host at any property I've been to, I've never paid a resort fee.

Table game player.

Fk

7. slots4fun

slots4fun Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We never get charged a resort fee at Luxor or MGM Grand when staying on a comp. We have also always had all meals comped when staying at MGM and Luxor, however, NYNY has always charged us the resort fee and only comped what we had in resort credit. That's why we no longer stay there, LOL..

8. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just stayed a single night at Monte Carlo and had resort fee knocked off. It was a fair comp based on my few hours of play the night before. I had a meal charged to the room too but it was more than what my play would get comped.

9. wormhole

wormhole VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always had comped rooms and have only paid a resort fee once, at MC (first visit, used express comps). Second visit to MC, no resort fee. Last Vegas trip was August 2013 at NYNY, room and all food comped, no resort fee; but did get charged sales tax on the meals. Only time that has happened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.