1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip cancelled

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by toiletbaby, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toiletbaby

toiletbaby Newbie

Pittsburgh the city of champions and the pirates
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a decent bankroll, my speedo, and cuban cigars packed and ready to go.

Tried flying out of Pgh the last 3 days. But the weather in Charlotte prevented us from leaving by canceling all their flights. 1 flight was available this morning for the price of $1326 per ticket. If thats not price gouging I dont know what is.
    Total disappointment considering I would be reimbursed up to $1500 in expenses for attending the AAPA conference. Feeling sick in the stomach. Now I wait til October:cry:

2. nystocktrader

nystocktrader Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm heading out in 2 weeks (Wynn).
    If you want your roll to see some action, I'll take a backer. :beer:

3. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry. That really sucks!!:cry:

4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh...I can't imaging being ready for a vacation and then not being able to even start it for 3 days.

That really sucks...

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard about all the flights being cancelled back east... I'm sure a lot of 'em were headed to Vegas! That sucks... you can send some of that weather up to Lake Tahoe, we need it!

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brutal, just brutal.

Flying out of the northeast in winter is always touch and go, not only do you have to worry about weather at your own airport, you have to worry about where your plane is coming FROM and where it's stopping on the way.

I changed the dates on my recent trip a couple of months ago and managed to thread the needle. On my original dates, both my flight out and back got cancelled.

Out of my 11 trips, 6 have been in winter, and 3 times I've ended up flying out 2 days early to beat weather.

7. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That really sucks, sorry. That's why I rarely schedule trips in the winter.

8. jackincols

jackincols Guest

A big DITTO there.

9. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Toiletbaby: I can only imagine how bad you must feel. If we had been going this Wednesday or Thursday or a couple weeks ago, we would have encountered the same cancellations.

You didn't mention the airline, but shouldn't they have put you on the next available flight at no extra charge?

10. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me guess. You were flying USAIR? I know you don't have many choices out of Pittsburgh but that's the worst out of any city. I flew yesterday from BWI to BOS through RDU on Delta. No problems. Looking at the flights at BWI there were lots of USAIR, American (they merged) and United cancellations. A couple SWA, two Delta. Same when I got to Raleigh. This hasn't changed in years. Twenty years ago I flew them all the time and was subjected to endless cancellations, damaged bags and still one bag I never got back. In my opinion, and the opinion of many veteran business travelers, USAIR is the worst run airline. I have over 3 million miles in the air so I speak from experience.

Very sorry to hear they screwed you. Hopefully you can get a refund due to the weather. Other airlines managed to get their flights going, why couldn't they? Hit them with that question and demand a refund!

Best of luck!

11. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying out of NE Ohio and western PA in the winter is an art form. That is why when I'm flying to LAS from CLE I do the non-stop (yes I pay a little extra but it is worth it to me). I only have to get into the air out of CLE then I'm set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.